Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm admit it my hands will freeze off in the 40s much less 20s . Currently I just wear a thin pair of under armour gloves cause they are super thin and I can shoot with them . I can not shoot with heavy gloves and just opt to keep my hands in myy pockets with the thin gloves,which works except for when your holding your bow with deer in range . I'm just now getting wool game so is there a thin ,warm pair out there ? Is there such a thing ? Lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
I use a hand muff worn around my waist. Works great for me.

·
Team #9
8,625 Posts
I third the hand muff with hand warmers ....and thin gloves ...going to a Carbon bow this year should help holding on them
taking forever situations when you can't move at all and its cold as ____

·
Team #9
8,625 Posts
I pack two pairs of gloves with me, one to climb the tree with and wear in and thin pair once I am up in the stand ..then muff and warmers

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Hand warmers and find fleece gloves. Also rubber on the fingers seems nice cuz it has grip but it sucks the cold right into your finger tips so try to avoid too much of that.

·
Registered
7,646 Posts
I use body warmers in my gloves, even at 40 degrees. Another trick I learned was to put on rubber gloves under my main gloves. The rubber gloves used to paint. I get my current ones at Walmart, Nitrile Disposable gloves, they are more resistent to punctures and tears. This very thin layer really cuts the wind and coldness and makes any glove you wear under them way warmer. Leaves me feeling like I have more sensitivity in my hands and fingers too, as I don't have to wear huge gloves to stay warm. I hate wearing gloves while bow hunting, but when it gets really cold AND you have to wear gloves, these Nitrile disposables have made even the thinnest gloves great. Like they are windproof and waterproof with this underlayer.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have a pair of the First Lite talus fingerless gloves which are very warm and I have the first lite merino liners. I wear the talus over the liners below 30 in the stand but only wear the talus walking in as it insulates my hand from the riser carrying in and makes it easy to unbuckle and set up my stand. I catch the merino liners when they are on sale and keep a backup of the liners for whenever they wear out. I am almost through the 2nd season on these liners and they are ratty but still function. Talus merinos are much more thick and durable. The warmth of the liners for what they are is nice too.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
I use a pair of thin camo gloves I got from Cabela's that have rubberized palms (I use a heavier pair of cloves for climbing into the stand), along with hand warmer's in my coat pockets.
Works for me.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I use the kuiu Pelaton glove.
Not too thick,but just thick enough to keep warm.

Wish kuiu would make more whitetail gear,their stuff is well built and designed
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
I pack two pairs of gloves with me, one to climb the tree with and wear in and thin pair once I am up in the stand ..then muff and warmers
yep I do tthe same, Ive got a pair of gloves from Ace, similar to "mechanics" gloves I use when I set the sticks/stand and walking to and from, and another I wear once I settle in, either long cuff turkey gloves or a long cuff Manzella camo gloves ... both have a non-slip grip .. I will wear the thin turkey gloves under the Manzella if it is truly cold ... a good Muff is a must have with the disposable hand warmers ... never hunt in the cold without it ..

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Outdoor Research makes some great gloves....I use a mil spec shell that is windproof and has a polartec liner. Use with or without shell.

You really cannot go wrong with OR products and you can find surplus OR gloves on ebay that are affordable.

I use mechanix gloves the most.....when it turns cold the OR gloves get used.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just ordered a pair of Sitka fanatic gloves. They appear to be just like regular liner gloves but have the fingers cut off. Hoping they do well for me, just gonna use two chemical warmers in my jacket pockets or a muff.

·
wolfey
4,120 Posts
For wool gloves I like possum down blends the most. They keep my hands warmer than other types of thin merino or alpaca wool gloves. Only downside is durability and price. If your just shooting your bow with them they're fine and will last a few years but don't try hanging stands and rubbing them against tree bark a lot but that can be true for any thin wool glove. I use a hand muff with thin gloves and if I plan on holding my bow the majority of my sit I'll wear a boiled wool mitten on my hand holding my bow which works great.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
wolfey
4,120 Posts
Outdoor Research makes some great gloves....I use a mil spec shell that is windproof and has a polartec liner. Use with or without shell.

You really cannot go wrong with OR products and you can find surplus OR gloves on ebay that are affordable.

I use mechanix gloves the most.....when it turns cold the OR gloves get used.
So it's a nylon shell with a fleece liner glove? Are they water proof too?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 51 Posts