Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Trophy Taker full containment drop away rest and when I let down after being at full draw my arrow makes a lot of noise from hitting the riser, shelf and whatever else. So my question is can this be prevented or do I need to be looking for another rest. In a hunting situation if I have to let down it makes enough noise to scare off anything in the vicinity. I have tried easing off on it but still can't control the arrow.
I have a hostage rest I could put back on but not sure if I wanna do that.
Also if I do need to get another rest what do you think a Whisker biscuit, Trophy Ridge revolution or go all out on a Ripcord? ( would the ripcord still have arrow noise at let down?)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I have a Trophy Taker full containment drop away rest and when I let down after being at full draw my arrow makes a lot of noise from hitting the riser, shelf and whatever else. So my question is can this be prevented or do I need to be looking for another rest. In a hunting situation if I have to let down it makes enough noise to scare off anything in the vicinity. I have tried easing off on it but still can't control the arrow.
I have a hostage rest I could put back on but not sure if I wanna do that.
Also if I do need to get another rest what do you think a Whisker biscuit, Trophy Ridge revolution or go all out on a Ripcord? ( would the ripcord still have arrow noise at let down?)
One thing you can do is line the arrow shelf and riser with some kind of mole skin.

I do this on all my bows.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got me some adhesive backed black felt from Walmart and it works great. Thanks for the idea.
No need to get another rest now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts