Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
Elite Enkore
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made the switch from standard diameter (Carbon Express Maxima Red 350) arrows to micro diameter arrows (Victory VAP TKO 300) and I haven’t shot the new ones yet (waiting for outserts to come in the mail) but looking at my arrow, it is nock high when on the string and rest. So my question is, should I move nock point/D loop down or move the rest up? Rest is a QAD drop away for reference

· Back Yard Champion
35,959 Posts
Maxima having a diameter of right at .290". The VAP TKO having a diameter of .166". So TKO sets .062" low.

So if the Maxima passes through the burger hole decently as merlinron noted, move the rest up.

This does not effect timing............

· Registered
412 Posts
Maxima having a diameter of right at .290". The VAP TKO having a diameter of .166". So TKO sets .062" low.

So if the Maxima passes through the burger hole decently as merlinron noted, move the rest up.

This does not effect timing............
it will effect the rest timing but not cam timing
although i dont think it will be enough to make a difference

· Back Yard Champion
35,959 Posts
it will effect the rest timing but not cam timing
although i dont think it will be enough to make a difference
Possilby, yes, rest timing............

· Back Yard Champion
35,959 Posts
definitely will have a effect on rest timing
you are moving the rest away from its tie in point in this case, it will speed up the activation of the rest. the exact same as shortening the rest cable
Possibly..... That rest is to be set so it's fully up around 1" before full draw........062" isn't very much......

· Registered
412 Posts
Possibly..... That rest is to be set so it's fully up around 1" before full draw........062" isn't very much......
like I said in post #5
this time with such little change no it probably wont do much to the timing.
but it will indeed effect the rest timing especially if the rest was to low to begin with and you need to move it a bunch

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.