Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hung a Gorilla King Kong yesterday, and no matter what I do the platform is angled down. This is the perfect tree to hunt this specific area on my new lease. I have 6 different bucks on film within 20 yards of this tree, and it has awesome cover, but it just a little crooked. Anyone have any tricks for leveling the treestand? I thought about putting a block of wood under the bottom feet to bring it up, but am concerned about the safety of that. Also I am afraid the piece of wood may make noise. I also thought about buying one of the new Gorilla's with the leveling system on it. It appears the leveling is only on the top portion behind the seat. Any other stands out there that can be leveled?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
archer2 said:
I hung a Gorilla King Kong yesterday, and no matter what I do the platform is angled down. This is the perfect tree to hunt this specific area on my new lease. I have 6 different bucks on film within 20 yards of this tree, and it has awesome cover, but it just a little crooked. Anyone have any tricks for leveling the treestand? I thought about putting a block of wood under the bottom feet to bring it up, but am concerned about the safety of that. Also I am afraid the piece of wood may make noise. I also thought about buying one of the new Gorilla's with the leveling system on it. It appears the leveling is only on the top portion behind the seat. Any other stands out there that can be leveled?
Don't know how much angle you need to take out of the tree. I'm sitting here thinking that several 2x10's cut 2 feet long and screwed together could be ratchet strapped around any tree (or lag bolted in if it's private land).

You should be able to shim the stand out as far as needed (within safe reason) by using multiple 2x10's.

There may be a more elegant way to accomplish this. But I believe it'd work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Lone Wolf stands have the ability to level them. They are awesome in every way. The only kind of bad thing is the seat, kind of uncomfortable, but it looks like they fixed that this year. Not only can you level the platform, but also the seat so both are level.

·
Registered
23 Posts
level stand

Go to keyhuntingproducts.com and take a look at the kt-30 stand. I have 3 of them and they're great, once you get them hung. The down side is that it is a pretty good task to hang, so it's sort of a semi-permanent set-up, for me, anyway. Also, it's not a stand you're gonna just slip in the woods and put up real quick for a morning hunt!!

Its a job to hang, but a very comfortable stand. I'd post a picture, but I don't know enough about computers to do it. If someone wants, please go to that site and put up a pic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Briers said:
Go to keyhuntingproducts.com and take a look at the kt-30 stand. I have 3 of them and they're great, once you get them hung. The down side is that it is a pretty good task to hang, so it's sort of a semi-permanent set-up, for me, anyway. Also, it's not a stand you're gonna just slip in the woods and put up real quick for a morning hunt!!

Its a job to hang, but a very comfortable stand. I'd post a picture, but I don't know enough about computers to do it. If someone wants, please go to that site and put up a pic.
I'm sorry, it's just 'keyhunting.com'.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
If the tree is leaning that bad move the stand to the back side! even if the stand was level it would be hard to shoot from, with the tree leaning over you
I have the new gorila XLS bought 3 of them, it will only do a little leveling nothing major
I think your best bet is move it to the other side of the tree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts