Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone seen or used the leverage brand climbing sticks and stands? i saw the stand today in gander and it kinda looked similar to a lone wolf design, solid peice platform, and i just looked on cabelas and saw there sticks too, only 7.5lbs for 3 sticks? any info would be good

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
mainly interested in the sticks since there so light

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
I have been looking at them too but been waiting for someone to bite on them. I am mainly interested in the sticks. I don't necessarily like the strap set up since the strap is always connected to the stick but I supppose it wouldnt be that bad. other than that I think they look great and definitely worth the money. What else I noticed is the steps seem to be pointed up at more of an angle than the Lone Wolfs. I think that would be good to prevent boots from slipping etc.

My biggest complaint about lone Wolf are the actual steps. Over time, you will see huge indentations where step hits the allen head to stop the step. When this starts to occur, the angle on the step decreases and eventually you have a death trap. The easy fix is to flip them over after a year or two but once that side is shot, they are done. I can't think of for the life of me why they can't make these things L shaped on the ends to catch the edges of your boots.

If these leverage sticks steps do not bend / sag over time I am sold on them. I guess I am going to have to buy a set.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah they seem to be very good, anyone have any info? i think i may just end up getting a set, even there hangons are nice with the leveling feature, they are 14lbs, so with 3 sticks theyd way the same as the lonewolf or muddy combo

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bowtechie i looked at your other thread, disapointed they dont weigh as advertised but, modifications arent a big deal..can u explain a little more how you worked that rope system and how it attatched to the tree, not sure if im seeing

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
bowtechie i looked at your other thread, disapointed they dont weigh as advertised but, modifications arent a big deal..can u explain a little more how you worked that rope system and how it attatched to the tree, not sure if im seeing
Later on tonite i'll post some better pics and a list of parts.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thank you

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd like to know more about these as well. Especially if they hold their shape. There is a guy on here in the tree stand section selling sets of them for $89.00 shipped and I'm seriously thinking about them especially when you look at the Lone Wolfs at $60.00 a piece and do t hold up. I also like that they have steps on both sides of the stick instead of just one step.

OBH

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd like to know more about these as well. Especially if they hold their shape. There is a guy on here in the tree stand section selling sets of them for $89.00 shipped and I'm seriously thinking about them especially when you look at the Lone Wolfs at $60.00 a piece and do t hold up. I also like that they have steps on both sides of the stick instead of just one step.

OBH
That is dirt cheap. We have them in stock and they are $100 plus shipping. So far I like what I see, but honestly have not had a chance to test them out yet. Very competitive compared to the LW or Muddy sticks in weight and quite a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the sticks and really like them so far. I am 6'3 and 220 and they feel very solid on the tree to me. I didnt notice any noise when climbing and was actually able to get higher than I expected. These plus a few tree steps and I will easily be 18-20'. If anyone wants pictures or measurements I can try to help out.

Also, I picked mine up at Rogers Sporting Goods for $89. They dont list them on their website, but you can always call. I doubt they would turn you down!

Good luck this season.

·
Enjoying Archery
1,182 Posts
I don't know. For the money if you have to spend extra to modify them to get the weight down and get a better strap system why not just buy the Lone Wolf ones? I picked up a set of 4 Lone Wolf sticks for $125 plus shipping from Eders. It doesn't seem like the Leverage sticks are that great of a deal. It is really disappointing that they don't meet the advertised weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts