Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Vicksburg. Took everything. Bows, cameras, stands. On his Instagram. People are jerks. Hope police catch the thieves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hunter of many things
12,122 Posts
Just watched the video on FB. Thats pretty bad.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it's time for bow companies to start putting security devices in these bows that we can track with our cell phones. They sure as hell are getting expensive enough. I pay more for a bow than a phone and I can find my phone if its out of my sight for more than 10 minutes.

·
DCA Custom Arrows
225 Posts
That sucks man. He's such a nice freaking guy too. I hope they catch the dude that took it. I would imagine that some of the gear he had was prototype or FA samples and can be easily identified.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I know it's a drag, especially when traveling, but you don't leave anything in your car you don't mind losing. Traveled with enough cameras and test equipment and all sorts of stuff...it SUCKS unloading and reloading everyday, but man you've gotta expect that someone is gonna be a chump

·
Hunter of many things
12,122 Posts
I know it's a drag, especially when traveling, but you don't leave anything in your car you don't mind losing. Traveled with enough cameras and test equipment and all sorts of stuff...it SUCKS unloading and reloading everyday, but man you've gotta expect that someone is gonna be a chump
Looked like he was driving a truck so he had everything in the bed under a capper. Those arent very secure even if it was locked. Sucks regardless.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
What the hell is going on down there ,one guy gets a buck stolen from his truck in a parking lot ,now this . Great bunch of folks down there.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looked like he was driving a truck so he had everything in the bed under a capper. Those arent very secure even if it was locked. Sucks regardless.
Yeah, I needed another key for my shell, the locksmith looked up the numbers on the lock and I had a new key in a minute. That was when I knew for sure I wouldn't be trusting anything to be secure in my truck. I do use aircraft cable tethers on my camera cases and loop them around the seat brackets to at least slow someone down if I'm out shooting at an event and someone tries to help themselves.

·
Banned
18,640 Posts
never ever leave any thing of value under a Camper Top ... never leave anything of value in the cab area... with electronics now a days, its easy for someone to pop a locked door open.. take your gear in with you ..

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Lets be honest....nothing is safe in this day and age. About 6 weeks ago someone broke into my house and took nearly every piece of hunting and archery gear I own. Throw in a few guns and some electronics and it was a $10K+ loss. Thank God I have great insurance.

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
Locks just keep the honest people out. Thieves are like *****, if they want it bad enough they'll figure out a way to get it.

·
11,954 Posts
Lets be honest....nothing is safe in this day and age. About 6 weeks ago someone broke into my house and took nearly every piece of hunting and archery gear I own. Throw in a few guns and some electronics and it was a $10K+ loss. Thank God I have great insurance.
Exactly. Few months ago my family had our home broken into in broad daylight on Sunday morning in a neighborhood. Thieves hauled out a 32 gun safe right out the side of the house.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Exactly. Few months ago my family had our home broken into in broad daylight on Sunday morning in a neighborhood. Thieves hauled out a 32 gun safe right out the side of the house.
Sorry about your loss man. I hope your family has recovered from the theft.

For those of you that have never felt this, you may not understand....but having someone in your home helping themselves to your stuff is disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry about your loss man. I hope your family has recovered from the theft.

For those of you that have never felt this, you may not understand....but having someone in your home helping themselves to your stuff is disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Literally can't even imagine. I'd want to have a gun at every chair after that.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
2 threads on this holy crap. :BangHead:

People are victims every single day. It happens

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2 threads on this holy crap. :BangHead:

People are victims every single day. It happens
I never go over to the Bowhunting forum. Chill out.

·
Mark
5,437 Posts
He left his Elite bows in the truck......unlocked! Had to make room for his Mathews!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts