Archery Talk Forum banner

LH womans bow

748 Views 14 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Jake Bauer
Well I took her this weekend to get measured and shoot some bows, but no one had any left hand models so she shot a couple RH to see about how much she could pull back I think she pulled back 30 lbs ok, so im thinking a 30-40 bow. I have looked at the following so far, Diamond Edge and Parker something, cant remember, any help would be greatly appreciated. She has a 23.5 DL as well
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,739 Posts
I bought a Mathews Mustang for my wife here on AT that was one year old and barely used.....LH, 23.5"DL 30-40 pounds. It's an excellent bow for her short draw length as it develops pretty good speed. I paid 325 but they're 550 new I believe. It's not a 'starter bow'

· Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found her a LH Matthews Ignition for a good price is this a good starter bow for a woman?

· Trojan Matriarch....
17,160 Posts
If you are any where near Louisville KY, go to the national shoot. Shoot like a girl will be there and most likely have a lefty. Can't be sure & I'm sure she won't be able to post until she gets back. But you never know....

She has many different bows from many different companies.

· Registered
567 Posts
I started out with a Mathews Ignition and it was a good starter bow I liked it. The PSE Chaos is also a great starter bow. It is a fast little bow for a short draw lenght, and is decent in price.

· Registered
127 Posts
I'm shooting the Parker Sidekick, there are definitely better bows around, but if you are looking for something on the cheaper side it will pass the test, I shot a Hoyt before and I liked it alot better but when I had to get a new one I had a small budget, it has given me no problems except I put a G5 peep on it and the string kept twisting, but the tube peep works great. Any way I would definitely recommend it if you are not wanting to spend too much, on the other hand if you are willing to spend more I would recommend something else.

· Registered
861 Posts
Alpine Sienna is a great bow for a short draw. It is definitely not a kiddie bow. This bow is not considered a "youth" bow, it is specially designed for the short draw archer. If you prefer camo the same bow is called the Alpine Eclipse. I have had excellent results with mine. At the national level I have placed 1st and 2nd with it. I picked up 30 fps making the switch from a Mathews LX to the Alpine Sienna drawing 3#'s less draw weight. If you have a dealer anywhere near you, you should check it out.

· Registered
816 Posts
Diamond Edge

My wife is also a lefty. I bought her a Diamond Edge with 40 lb limbs on it. As she got stronger we had the limbs maxed out. Jim Despart at Flying Arrow put new 50 lb limbs on it for her. Its a great bow and she loves it. We are very lucky to have FAS as our dealer.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a LH Diamond Edge, and I'm liking it so far. But then again, I've never tried anything else. The only difference is that mine is 40-50#.

It wasn't too expensive where I got it (cabelas.ca) but some of the components that come with it (if you get the package deal) are, well...expect to replace them pretty quick :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.