Archery Talk Forum banner

Liberty?

496 5
For those who have shot the Liberty, what's your opinion, is the Freedom cam as smooth as they claim?

Been kicking around the idea of picking up another bow to strictly setup for turkey. I have other bows, but do not like changing my setups just for birds.

Hoping to pick another bow up, if not by this Spring, hopefully the next? I have seen where the 2008 Liberty goes for right around 400., as my price range I'am looking at just for this setup would be 350-450max.

Looking for a smooth single cam 50-60lb. Is the Liberty worth a gander at that price, or would you wait for a 2009 Marquis, or Black Ice next year at lower prices? Or pick up a used Marquis or Black Ice over the new 2008 Liberty? I realize I'll have to see what shoots for me, just wanted opinions on something really smooth and at a decent price considering I have a few other bows, Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,312 Posts
The Freedom cam is definitely smooth, I really like it. The Diamond Justice uses it, too. If you can read German, you'll see one of the bows in my sig has a Freedom cam.

· Registered
159 Posts
I own a 2008 Marquis and a 2008 Liberty. The Marquis has been my "serious" bow, the Liberty has been the one I shoot for fun. I like to say that the Marquis is like a tall, lanky blonde and the Liberty is like the saucy little redhead.

My Marquis is 70#, the Liberty is a 60#. Both/either are good fits for me. I am shooting the Liberty more and more, and I'm going to make it my #1 target league bow when the season resumes next fall.

I believe the Liberty is one of the most under-rated bows there is (or was), and Bowtech/Diamond made a big mistake by dropping it. In my 30+ years of serious shooting, I've never had a bow that I just simply enjoy shooting more than I do, it. I've got it set up with a G5 Meta peep, a Limb Driver rest, a Mean V string stopper, and soon I'll be replacing the Dead Nuts 2 sight with an HHA target sight.

The Black Ice isn't a good bow for me (too short.) I can honestly say there's nothing about the Liberty that I'd change, or want better.

· Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2008 Liberty, compaired to what I've been shooting it's a dream! I like the solid wall when you come to full draw. I'm shooting radial Xweave arrows @ 64 pounds. as soon as I got it tuned and my sights set up, BAM! I got a robin hood!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.