Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ad Meliora
20,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read articles pertaining to usage of licking branches and scrapes; some "experts" claim that this is only behavior we see in the fall due to rutting behavior, while others maintain that this occurs year round. Charles Alsheimer has validated this with his research and photos, which I enjoy tremendously.

However, previous to having a camera, I had no way of validating this behavior, and it wasn't until I pulled my camera that I found these pics....May 2008.

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
Great pics and yes validation is awesome. I was out last weekend and I checked a few scrape areas and found three scrapes that were covered with fresh tracks and I'm positive it was all related to the licking branches.:thumbs_up

·
Ad Meliora
20,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this a licking branch that you set up? If it is what type of scent did you apply?
I didn't apply any scent...it is a natural scrape/licking branch that I discovered has year round activity. I know of one other that may as well...the deer are still hitting this one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.