Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recomendation for a lighted nock for the sub-1? I know the aluminum half moon is suggested , but not sure about lighted nocks. Thanks

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I have tested the half moon Clean Shot Nock Out lighted nocks with my modified Barnett
Ghost 410 crossbow in my shop at night with the lights on dim. These nocks come in a pack
of three with each having three different size bushings. The Clean Shot can be shot in the practice
mode or lighted mode. They have a small ring, when turned either activates or deactivates
the battery power. The battery is not replaceable. If using these, install with the ring adjustment
so it does not touch the rail or it will mark the rail. These lighted nocks are 24 grains heavier than the
standard nock. Shooting a 380 grain arrow-point combination with the mentioned crossbow, it shoots
445 feet per second. Using the lighted nock I would lose approximately 8 feet per second (445 - 8 =
439 feet per second). For every 10 grains over the basic 400, one loses 3 feet per second.
Viewing a Fire Nock video, these nocks appear to be much brighter than my Nock Out Clean Shot.
All the best.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Mission is selling lighted nocks cor the sub1. They also used to sell lumenok lighted nocks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Buckstop.Yes, I saw that, but I'm pretty sure only on their bolts. Not too sure about consistancy of mission arrows, and was planning on calling Jerry at Southshore for some BEE's.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,713 Posts
Thanks Buckstop.Yes, I saw that, but I'm pretty sure only on their bolts. Not too sure about consistancy of mission arrows, and was planning on calling Jerry at Southshore for some BEE's.
Calling Jerry is your best course of action. I recommend Spinal Tapps.

·
Crossbow Broke
9,860 Posts
Omni 2.0’s with a Moon Nock. Yes they offer both Omni’s and Moons in their packages

1 - 8 of 8 Posts