Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to make some of the lighted arrow nocks like posted on here and the youtube video. The designs I seen have left a lot to be desired. I tried the one with the part of a nock glued to the back of the battery and if you dont get them in just right and have to turn them you wreck the light and if you try to pull them out you rip the light apart and the lights themselves are not very reliable. I did some experimenting of my own and came up with a nock using the thill lights that works exactly like the lumenock. They are a little harder to make than the ones posted. I have not fully tested them as I just made them last night but I see no flaws in unshot testing. There is no added weight except the light and glue. If anyone is interested please reply and I will try to come up with instructions and pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
very interested. I have a few friends that have constructed some homemade lighted nocks to no avail. They just don't turn out very well constructed. Thanks in advance if you can get some good info on here.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I shot three deer this year with the same arrow and homemade lighted nock. They work perfectly for me. The key is to not sand the nock like youtube says. You want it as tight as possible in the end of the shaft. I have to use my teeth to turn it off, or pliers.
Also, make sure you are leaving at least 24 hrs for the epoxy to dry before putting it in the end of the shaft.
They work great for me, have made 20 or so.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd also be interested in the how to. I went by a local sporting goods store looking for some clear nocks and also hoping to find the lights. After shipping and buying the other nocks, I'd be at about $5 each, which is still much better than the $11 I see at places like Bass Pro. I continued looking, and they had the Lumenocks for $7 each. They only had two, I picked up both of them so I probably won't be trying this anytime soon. If I mess one up, I could have had the pre-made ones.

·
Registered
114 Posts
lighted nocks

c'mon Revo give us the info! dont even bother asking if people are interested, cause everybody can use your design in one way or another. that's whats so great about everyone sharing their ideas here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts