Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Shoots These And What Do You Think... Thinking About Getting Some So I Can Better See My Shot Placement Any Feed Back From You All??

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I personally don't use them for hunting. They are cool to see your arrow's path and help with recovering the arrow, but you should check your local G&F regulations to see if they are legal.

Back in ND the law states that no electrical device can be attached to the arrow. We had a sit down with the ND Game & Fish Dept at last year's indoor state shoot about possibly allowing Lumenocks, but most felt that it would be just opening a can of worms for other products, and where do you draw the line.

I do think they are a neat product and people do use them, just check your local laws to see if they are legal.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I was very interested in them and still am a bit.
My brother and I order 2 three packs of the Lumenocks by Burt Coyote. I went with these because they were lighter then the Tracers.
Long story short they did not work well for either of us.
We both shot GoldTip XT5575, his had lock nocks and mine had regualar g nocks. The Lumenocks were loose to begin with and kept popping out of the arrow upon impact with anything we shot at. Some would light and some would not.
I did not care for the over all design of having to keep them unseated a smidge so the electronic contacts were not made and then shooting a loosened nock.
We sent them back for a full refund so I will say that the Burt Coyote company stands behind their product and is a very good company in that respect.

I intend to give the Tracer brand a try the next time the mood strikes me.
Theirs are a lot heavier in weight but IMO are made far better with metal housing vs. the plastic of the Lumenock. Plus the Tracer uses a magnet stuck to your bows shelf to turn them on and off when the nock passes over the magnet. To me this seems to be a more rugged way to have a light nock system work. More sold state .
Again all just my opinions..
Not bashing the Lumenocks because I know several guys who love them...
I just did not like the design nor did they work well for me or my brother.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I shoot luminocks on my easton axis arrows with no complaints. They work great. No difference in arrow flight at all. The only thing is carry a plyers with you to pull the knocks out to turn the light off. They are a tight fit.

Luminock makes several different sizes depending on what type of arrow you shoot. There is also a thread on here to make your own.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,277 Posts
I tried a lumenock the year before last for giggles and it was ok until it got real cold one day and when I snapped the nock on the string the nock broke in half. They replaced it for me at no charge but I wont trust them now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
VTbowman said:
My brother and I order 2 three packs of the Lumenocks by Burt Coyote. I went with these because they were lighter then the Tracers.
We both shot GoldTip XT5575, his had lock nocks and mine had regualar g nocks. The Lumenocks were loose to begin with and kept popping out of the arrow upon impact with anything we shot at. Some would light and some would not.
I did not care for the over all design of having to keep them unseated a smidge so the electronic contacts were not made and then shooting a loosened nock.
We sent them back for a full refund so I will say that the Burt Coyote company stands behind their product and is a very good company in that respect.

Theirs are a lot heavier in weight but IMO are made far better with metal housing vs. the plastic of the Lumenock. Plus the Tracer uses a magnet stuck to your bows shelf to turn them on and off when the nock passes over the magnet. To me this seems to be a more rugged way to have a light nock system work. More sold state .
Just fyi, Luminock makes a Gold Tip specific nock. I think that will help with your popping out problem.

Between myself and a buddy we have tried a couple of brands "lighted" nocks, I just stuck with the lumenocks because overall they performed better, lasted longer and are brighter.

·
Registered
715 Posts
VTbowman said:

Your right Bowmen, they are alittle loose but to fix that, if you still wanted to use them, take a sliver of a peice of paper on one side between the arrow shaft and the lumanock and they work great.

and darton your hitting alittle low becouse your regular G-nock or supernock weighs 12 grains and lumanocks weigh I believe it was 22 or 24 grains possibly little more!

But Danny yeah you can see your placement better but do you really want to....If you start playing peak-a-boo with your arrow flight your gonna start dropping your bow arm inturn you'll start dropping out of every shot.....you would have to practice alot to get over the coolness of seeing it fly and focus on your aiming and shooting first! But if your videoing your hunt They are the BOMB. There is nothing like seeing your arrow flying toward a deer and watching that bright nock disappear into the right spot which usually means a nice pass thru! especially in a low light area or situation!

And last but not least the tracers suck, at the ATA show tracer gave all the bow companys some to use and they stop working after about 20 shots....went back got some more and the same thing happened.....plus if you dropped them they would turn on and/or off upon impact with the floor! I wouldn't want them to turn off on impact with a deer or turkey, etc.....

Thats My opinions, Hopefully they help some of you, But you got to remember opinions are like ............... and everyones got one!!!!! So Goodluck and shoot straight!

·
Registered
161 Posts
nok

I have used the luminock last year and liked it.

I did have one that crapped out of my three pack but the over two are still working this year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just got some luminoks in the mail today. The supers fit perfectly in my Vapor arrows. So far they are working flawlessly. Arrow flight seems the same out to 40 yards. The X nocks for my sons Bemans are a little tight but are easy to adjust. Seems to be a great product.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I Have Been Using The New Press Fit Tracers This Summer. These Are New According To The Website And Utilize The Magnet On The Riser. I Have Nothing But Positives To Report On These. They Are Much Heavier Built Than My Brother's Lumenocks And Have Lit On Every Shot For Me This Entire Summer. I Shoot Carbon Express Terminator Select 6075's And The Fit Is Very Tight. Also, I Had Ordered Some Of The Touch On/off Tracers Before These And Did Not Like Them At All. I Actually Ended Up Getting One Stuck In My Shaft Due To The Fact That You Needed To Glue Them In. I Emailed The Tracer And Told Them About This And They Sent Me An Immediate Response And Mailed Me 3 Of The Brand New Ones I Am Using Now For Free. Great Customer Service, I Will Always Be Using These In The Future.

·
Registered
715 Posts
satchamo said:
i got one from wal mart, carbon express brand, and its worked awesome
Yeah I saw those the other day. all they did was buy a lumanock and repackage it....thought that was funny!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Got some this year top try out. Shot them a few times on target so far and have had no problem with them coming on or coming out. The instructions on the package tell you the paper thing in the thread above for if they are loose. I am looking forward to see how they work in the field.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I tried them and found that they effect accuracy in a negitive way. Adding 22 grains to the back of my set up must have had a negitive effect on the FOC or something but I just couldn't get them to shoot. They lite alright and did look very nice in flight but I will not be using them.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
CssBowShooter said:
Yeah I saw those the other day. all they did was buy a lumanock and repackage it....thought that was funny!
Walmart has lighted nocks???? :eek:

I can't afford the real lumenocks but I know guys sponsored by lumenock and have seen them shoot. They are cool as heck for filming and finding your arrows after the shot. Plus, they have Lumenock Girls so I will give them a plug (the company that is :embara: )

http://www.lumenok.net/

·
Registered
827 Posts
make your own with a little light they sell at academy in the fishing section called a thill light. they work great. and you can make them for around $2.50 each

thill lights.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts