Archery Talk Forum banner

Lighted Nocks

1118 Views 15 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  FireStalker
Just wondering if you think Lumenoks or Tracer Nocks are better. Was thinkingof trying one and would like to know what you think. Thanks
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
I have seen more lumenoks go bad or not work than the tracer nocks but the lumenoks have been on the market longer also. Personally I am using the tracers in my setup and havent had any problems yet.

· Registered
160 Posts
go lumenock

I have had nothing but problems with Tracers! My dealer refunded my money with no problem and showed me the pile of defective tracers. he said he was going back to lumenock. Not to mention the lumenocks are way brighter!

· Registered
2,651 Posts
This just happened Sunday

I shot a buck (my avatar) straight below my stand. The arrow hit the sternum so hard it shoved my Firenock down the shaft where the deer pumped it full of blood. I tried to find my Firenock and couldn't until I looked down the broken shaft. It was still glowing with clotted up blood all over it. I took it out of the bloody shaft and disconnected the battery and put it in the back of my truck. I got it home and washed it off, installed the battery and it worked the same as if it was new. That is a good solid product.

· Registered
11,640 Posts
just got my fire nocks yesterday and these things are sweet a snap to get installed and they have worked every shot unlike some others i have tried luminock,carbon express the tracers work well just do not like the whole magnet thing go with fire nocks you wont be sorry

· Registered
6,714 Posts
I bought 6 of the Tracers (3 ea. for my wife & son) and they've worked great. They've practiced quite a bit with them as well as killing 3 deer with them this year so far. Only 1 has stopped working and it got beat up quite a bit by a deer running through the trees with it sticking out of it's chest. I personally thought that was an acceptable casualty. On the subject of Lemonocks, uh I mean Lumenocks, I bought 2 last fall and they never worked correctly and completely stopped working inside of 20 shots each. Tracers definitely get my vote although I've never tried the Firenocks. Good luck.

Dawg

· Registered
2,526 Posts
Lumenocks have not worked very well for me and Tracers have worked fine, I just hate the sleep mode stuff you need to do with them. I just got some of the new G5 G-Force nocks and they work great for me, simple to use and I like that I can change the batteries myself. I would go with the G5 or tracer nocks.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Firenock lighted nock

Lumenocks have not worked very well for me and Tracers have worked fine, I just hate the sleep mode stuff you need to do with them. I just got some of the new G5 G-Force nocks and they work great for me, simple to use and I like that I can change the batteries myself. I would go with the G5 or tracer nocks.
Firenock use higher level of technology than the "S" style nock in G5. If you like the G5 Nock, then you are going to love the Firenock for one reason. It is a copy of Firenock. if you shot axis arrow, then you are looking at Firenock LLC lightning Nock in "A" size. Firenock international make it for them with Firenock 2009 blue LEd and a blue nock. Firenock is about 10 grains lighter than G5's "S" nock. Not to mention our installed shelf life is still 12 months as Firenock use acceleration SWITCH instead of accelerometer which drains battery the moment it is installed, just like Tracer's HE(Hall effect switch). Both G5's "S" nock and tracer are relay base design which mean they will drain the moment the battery is installed. Both also blink, which for those in the know. Deer although color blind, is not motion blind. With both using omni-directional LED, can you say beacon for the deer, just not for the hunter alone?

· Registered
4,289 Posts
Firenock use higher level of technology than the "S" style nock in G5. If you like the G5 Nock, then you are going to love the Firenock for one reason. It is a copy of Firenock. if you shot axis arrow, then you are looking at Firenock LLC lightning Nock in "A" size. Firenock international make it for them with Firenock 2009 blue LEd and a blue nock. Firenock is about 10 grains lighter than G5's "S" nock. Not to mention our installed shelf life is still 12 months as Firenock use acceleration SWITCH instead of accelerometer which drains battery the moment it is installed, just like Tracer's HE(Hall effect switch). Both G5's "S" nock and tracer are relay base design which mean they will drain the moment the battery is installed. Both also blink, which for those in the know. Deer although color blind, is not motion blind. With both using omni-directional LED, can you say beacon for the deer, just not for the hunter alone?

I have to say He put a lot of thought into the Firenock, Mine has worked right every single time I've shot it.

· Registered
111 Posts
lumenok's YUK

If u using a fast bow over 325fps those lumenok batterie brakes off them and slide down the shaft.. also on impact. i went threw so many. they great for slower bow's sometimes they turn them self off aswell... i personaly dont like them i use glow in the dark nok's works well and also dont have that little gap between the arrow and lumenok<<<<<:pukey:

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Fast bows... 550fps?

If u using a fast bow over 325fps those lumenok batterie brakes off them and slide down the shaft.. also on impact. i went threw so many. they great for slower bow's sometimes they turn them self off aswell... i personaly dont like them i use glow in the dark nok's works well and also dont have that little gap between the arrow and lumenok<<<<<:pukey:
Firenock with the optional Extreme shock Battery end cap will allow you to shot into concrete wall or boulders out of 550 fps air guns. We have tested it quite a few time with many arrows. No arrow we did last more than a shots or 2 but the Firenock keep kicking till the end. Without the accessories, you are still good to about 2 shots and the battery and the entire circuit may slide forward due to our self sacrifice feature to prevent battery wire breakage at 1,500+ G. Doing a 220+ mph head on collision and survive takes extra effort and equipment. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.