Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old pic with no info on it. Just wondering what everyone's thought on how this deer got this way.
Screenshot_2019-10-23-11-40-28~2.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I will pay the odds here and say not a lightning strike

·
I like elk!
18,498 Posts
Deer/elk/caribou,moose (look up Norway caribou lighting) struck by lightning, just look dead.

I can’t even begin to understand what happened to that little buck.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
24,466 Posts
No matter what happened to that deer,it’s sad!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Battery fire in a radio collar? Is collaring deer a thing up there?
I think that’s the most logical explanation. It seems like it was a small and hot little fire. Possibly someone tried to shoot it n hit the battery in the collar?

It doesn’t look like someone dumped gas over the whole thing n I don’t think if you dumped gas on just the head you could burn it like that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
spontaneous combustion.

·
I like elk!
18,498 Posts
That kind of destruction wouldn’t happen unless that deer stuck it’s head in a transformer.

Theres nothing left of the skull!
Just antlers..
Like someone torched it for a while and then poured acid.
Super weird.

·
Registered
Hoyt Axius Ultra 71# 30" DL 550g Airstrike 200g Cutthroat Sx3 Heavy
434 Posts
Looks like a radio collar malfunction. Looks at the black on its chest and upper back/neck. Almost appear as if it was running while the collar was on fire then fell over dieing while the thing continued to malfunction its head off into oblivion. There is white ash in the one spot indicating a super hot fire along with an almost perfect ring around its neck burnt off.
That's crazy. I wonder if wilderlife resource people know about these things but dont talk about them. If I were one of them, I wouldnt want to stir up any controversy using them for data collection.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
Whatever it was it was not good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts