Archery Talk Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
That fire had to be super hot to burn bone. I don't think this was intentional. Ask the undertaker about cremation. They have to grind the bones in many places. Some newer places do have the heat from what I understand but it's in the thousands of degrees.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My guess would be .... military base, already dead animal, incendiary grenade placed on head "just to see what happens".
About the only way the skull disappears like that.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I think Schleprock1 might have it figured out. That burned extremely hot like a metal burning (magnesium probably). And deer was laying there on it's side when it burned.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It had to be a quick and seriously hit intense flame otherwise you would see more damage to the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
351 Posts
That actually makes most sense.
Ever seen a live powerline on the ground? They don't stay in one place. There would be burn marks all over the area.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Everybody knows that is what you get when you shoot one in the head with one of them new 500 FPS crossbows with a single bevel broadhead from 600 yards away.
🐂🧻

·
Registered
Elite Rezult, Kure, and Ritual 35. Black Eagle Arrows, Ham Rests, BowFreaks Archery Mt Vernon MO
1,548 Posts
Old pic with no info on it. Just wondering what everyone's thought on how this deer got this way. View attachment 7374933

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
From animals I have seen up close knowing they got hit from an outside electrical source, when they get struck, it may actually burn all the fur off them. Wife's brother was killed by lightning, and Dr explained it as your body boils your blood just that fast. I agree with another poster, looks intentional. CWD thing someone posted may be a good thought. Although not knowing how long the body had been there and the state of decomposition, (as in bloating) it's hard to say. Most of the deer pics I have seen that did have CWD and died from it, seemed like the deer were really skinny and didn't look at all healthy.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
It was 88 yards out..drinking water...next to a flamethrower

·
Registered
905 Posts
Ever seen a live powerline on the ground? They don't stay in one place. There would be burn marks all over the area.
Not always true, many variables in this. As a matter of fact, 4KV and 7.2KV rarely bounce around from my experience, especially if there is a low resistance. I’ve watched an over fused 4KV line lay on the ground and burn, no movement, until the fuse door was pulled.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts