Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone fill me in on what the difference between the Horton xx75 Lightning strike 2 and xx75 Lightning strike 2 Lite?
I am going to be shooting them with a Horton Yukon SL 150#, any suggestions on tip grain?

·
Waiting for opening day
2,337 Posts
Can anyone fill me in on what the difference between the Horton xx75 Lightning strike 2 and xx75 Lightning strike 2 Lite?
I am going to be shooting them with a Horton Yukon SL 150#, any suggestions on tip grain?
Wow, another Yukon shooter! I have the same bow.

I don't know the actual difference. I have some of the Lite arrows that I bought about 5-7 years ago. They have two problems. One is they are aluminum. So, if you ever miss your target, there is a good chance they will be bent when you pull them out of the ground. Maybe not enough to see, but enough to effect their flight. Second, their Forward of Center (FOC) sucks big time. Crossbow arrows need an FOC of 16-20%. IIRC these are about 5% with a 100 grain head. Get carbon arrows with brass inserts instead. They may cost you more. But they will fly better with broadheads and last a lot longer.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
What Gary says is true, get away from the Horton arrows all together..
I used to shoot their carbon arrows and struggled with broadhead consistency. They have a very low FOC (10%)..
I started using GT Lazer II's with brass inserts and 100grn heads (20% FOC) and never looked back and broadhead problems went away..

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts