Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best method to remove/replace the factory installed G-uni bushing on Lightspeeds shafts? Thnx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are uncut from the factory arrows cut them down from the end that the bushing is in.
Thanx for the reply huntingfool14.

How about if you have already fletched your shafts using the existing uni bushing and wish to replace the bushing due to damage. Are the bushings permanently fixed, you would hope not?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have had good luck heating them with a lighter and pulling them with needle nose pliers. Just take you time and go slow.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Only apply heat to the bushing
and like the person before me said go slow
Only use enough heat to get the bushing out.
I glue the new one in with low temp hot melt glue

Good Luck

Bubba

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input fellas, I will be sure to give it a try.

While on the subject of Lightspeeds anyone know why Easton went to offering uni bushings from the factory? I have used these shafts without the bushings for some years now and have not found them to be suseptable to nock end splits. Could be other reasons I suppose, either way they have been a great arrows. Cheers

·
Registered
174 Posts
Another way to apply heat is to use a propane torch & needle-nosed pliers. Light the torch, grab the bushing with the pliers & apply flame to pliers. Heat transfers from pliers to bushing, melting the glue & allowing removal without damaging the shaft.

Hope this helps,

Nathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts