Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 step Ameristep platform with ratchet strap - $100 TYD

I have an 5 step ameristep platform on a black rachet strap that I was going to use with my Guido's web platform. Since I returned the Web I don't need the platform.

Dates on the steps are:

12/08
04/08
11/05 or 11/06 or 11/08 Can't read the last number to know which
10/08
05/07

The rachet is rated @ 1100lbs, bought new by me this past summer. Steps were purchased new as well. Steps and rachet are in great like new condition but are sold used (one ower me for both steps and strap).

I have only used these to practice with the Web on 4 occassions. The platform held my 240 lbs just fine.

Also you should read up on the Ameristep recall.

1. The recall information I have read talked about a defective buckle in a very small percentage of steps. There are no buckles or straps on these steps as they have been removed and the rachet strap threaded through steps.

2. Ameristep, even before the recall, never authorized step use as a platform, so everyone with an ameristep platform is taking the risk of manufacture unauthorized use. That said, Ameristep platforms are considered the best platforms by Tree Saddle and Guido's Web suspended hunters.

3. Please make up you own mind and do your own research.

I only accept paypal and shipping is on me. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Material property Strap
Auto part
Strap Webbing

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ttt, it is a 5' strap.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price drop $90

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a good deal on a demo in a size too big. It didn't fit me right so I returned it. I was also trying to limit my carry weight. The web is heavier than a tree saddle, and when you add the climbing sticks and platform you are carrying more wieght than a climbing tree stand. Had the Web fit me I might have liked it because of the versitility.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ttt

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Price drop $85 TYD.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Final price drop is $80. That makes it only $14/step + $10 for the rachet strap shipped. If I have no takers then I will post on ebay this weeked and close this listing. So if you need the best platform for your Tree Suit, Tree Saddle, or Guido's Web don't let this deal go. This is the last set of steps and platform I have.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PM replied to.

Thanks Bob!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fell through. This item will end sometime Sunday once I get it on ebay.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry. No longer for sale. I did not get them on ebay but now I am thinking of keeping them. I saw a Guido's Web thread using a foot sling set up for climbing the tree. No steps or screw ins. I may get a Guido's Web in the correct size and give the new setup a try.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.