Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of grease should I used on the limb bolts when I reassemble my bow?
Bolts were next to impossible to turn before. I broke it down to see what was wrong
and with all the pressure off the limbs, they turn easy as pie - and no sign of buggered-up threads.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I am sure there is some special type of grease your supposed to use but I use white lithium grease...
White Lithium Grease for the bolts, rockers and inside the pockets for me too.

Mitch

·
Shootin and Cussin
23,576 Posts
What they said....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It's not usually grease on the limb bolts, it's an anti-seize compound. White lithium grease will dry out over time ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am of the school of thought that you should always use anti-seize where steel screws contact aluminum.
http://www.permatex.com/products/au...ubricants/Permatex_Anti-Seize_Lubricant_a.htm
When threaded together, Steel and aluminum tend to exhibit galvanic corrosion which leads to galling or seizing. That is why when you try to loosen a screw on your bow it feels stuck then "cracks" loose (sometimes it looks like a small amount of smoke/dust comes out). The dissimilar metals are bonding together. This is much worse in a moist environment. It takes a very small amount of anti-seize to coat the threads and head (where it contacts the aluminum) of the bolt. You can get it at any auto parts store.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts