Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the bow out and noticed the limb dampeners are soft and sticky. Has anyone else had this happen. It allways been in the same case and i dont notice any other plastics reacation/breakdown with anything else thats near or around it. They look like the Alpha shock split limb dampeners.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To follow up with this: Wife called them and described product and what happened. They said they were familier with that happening with that model as they had a bad batch of plastic or resin or something to that effect a few years back. They had her send a picture of them and said they would glady send me a new product. Super cool of them to do that. Great Company.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
They can react with certain other plastics too - seen this on some Extremes (the ones with the metal ring round the outside) left in a ziploc bag, but on a product that is 10-15 years old and cost $15 or less then I figured it's forgivable. They still work, so I just wiped off the goo and kept shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.