Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never setup or shot a limb driven rest. I’m just starting to look at them. Aways used a QAD.
I don’t even know the names or brands who make them. Can you guys give me a few recommendations and preferred rests.
This will be for 3d and hunting. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m running the Smackdown Pro by Trophy Taker. It’s a solid product. Although I recommend the model with dual knob for easy adjustments as compared to the Allen key.

Rest is quiet and lightning fast. I do believe they make a lock up version now too that’s full enclosed.

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Looking for a monster!
8,423 Posts
Limb driver pro v. Simple, effective and easy as chit to set up and tune.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Let me know if you have any direct questions on our Vapor Trail products.

You're going to get a wide variety of people recommending whatever they shoot. Just remember to do your homework...take what most people say on here with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
Gen7 all day long!! Awesome rest, and cs!
Thx Ears!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What does the gen 7 offer that the original pro V don’t?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I've run the pre Gen 7 Pro V on my hunting bow for a little over 2 years now with zero complaints and love it. I was changing rests like socks for a while there but love my Pro V. I have a separate bow for target and shoot the Limbdriver Pro on that bow.

I shot a blade on my target bow for a bit and didn't have any issues but the Limbdriver allowed me to take one more "worry" off the table. I don't even think of coming off the blade drawing or letting down, getting the blade angle and sag just right, vane clearance, etc.

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
I have never setup or shot a limb driven rest. I’m just starting to look at them. Aways used a QAD.
I don’t even know the names or brands who make them. Can you guys give me a few recommendations and preferred rests.
This will be for 3d and hunting. Thanks!
I have been using a limb driver pro with a capture arm/launcher for a few years now. very simple to set up, quiet, rugged.........flat out works

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was considering shooting a 4 fletch, that would be really nice for that. Any tip or tricks for setting these up? It will be going on a Hoyt. I seen some guys going to limb others to the cam area like Dudly shows in one of his videos.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
I really like my Hamskea, but I wouldnt hesitate to shoot a smackdown pro or a Limbdriver as they have added the top containment bar.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just let me know if you have any questions on the Hybrid Rests. I'd be happy to walk you through the features and easy set up.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you guys really seen a need for full containment? Over the top?
I see that most have it now but other than side motion. I have had an arrow flip up and off. I guess unless I actually fell down.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I've got a Hamskea Hunter and I like it very much. I also shoot HDX cable-mounted rests, but I'm really loving the pros of setting up a limb-driven rest.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
There is zero need for full containment for ME. I hunt all over the world, spot and stalk, treestand, etc etc and never once have I "needed" full containment.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Lots of folks here shoot the limb driver or the hamskea. I usually have qad on all my bows as well, but I bought a bow spur of the moment and didn't have lots of cash for other stuff so I bought a $40 truglo updraft limb driven rest and left my WB on the shelf. So far I like the truglo. Set up was super easy and it works well. If or when I have some extra cash, I would have no hesitation in going to a limb driver or hamskea limb driven rest if/when I need to replace a qad.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I really like my Hamskea, but I wouldnt hesitate to shoot a smackdown pro or a Limbdriver as they have added the top containment bar.
The containment is mainly for convenience. Kind of a set it and forget it mentality. If the rest is quality, the arrow will gravitate to the middle of the launcher during the draw no matter where it starts. The big thing I try to remind people is that the arrow will have more room in the containment on limb driven rests than most others and the arrow will contact the riser. I take a strip of felt and put it on the edge of the riser shelf farthest from the shooter and it keeps everything nice and quiet. The containment is a nice feature in my mind, but it is usually removable if you would want to try it both ways to find your preference.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts