Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered new string and cables from Vapor Trail as well as a Limb Driver. Is there any special setup besides what the video shows on the setup for my bow, PSE Diablo.....similar to the Brute?

Also when adding the buss cable I was told to twist one of the y side yokes a few extra turns to compinsate for the lean.....I am assuming due to the cable guard. Also how many twist do you normally use on the the string and main buss cable?

Thanks guys......I am excited about getting the LD and new quality strings......

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I just ordered new string and cables from Vapor Trail as well as a Limb Driver. Is there any special setup besides what the video shows on the setup for my bow, PSE Diablo.....similar to the Brute?

Also when adding the buss cable I was told to twist one of the y side yokes a few extra turns to compinsate for the lean.....I am assuming due to the cable guard. Also how many twist do you normally use on the the string and main buss cable?

Thanks guys......I am excited about getting the LD and new quality strings......
Your string set should come pretwisted to spec and need very few twists added or removed to get it just right.

You will need to adjust cam/idler lean with the yoke. You will be twisting the cable guard side and/or untwisting the other side. I like to set them so they're dead straight at full draw and let them lean a tad at brace if I can't get rid of it altogether.

Never set up a LD, though.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that the cable guard would cause it to lean towards the cable guard and that you may need to twist the non-cable guard side a few twists....

I was thinking that I may need to add like 5 twists for the main draw string....is that too many.....I know I will need to twist slightly align my peep....

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I would think that the cable guard would cause it to lean towards the cable guard and that you may need to twist the non-cable guard side a few twists....

I was thinking that I may need to add like 5 twists for the main draw string....is that too many.....I know I will need to twist slightly align my peep....
If you look at your bow you'll see the buss cable going from the slide to the limb tips at an angle. That angle is the problem, and the side closest to the cable guard needs to be shorter than the other side to allow the top limb tip to sit straight.

You'll already have a ton of twists in the string for a single cam when it arrives. Like 50 or more. :mg: Tweaking DL, cam position and peep position is all you should need to worry about with twisting.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good.....I dont have a local pro shop that is worth a dang......especially if you didnt buy the cables from them

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Sounds good.....I dont have a local pro shop that is worth a dang......especially if you didnt buy the cables from them
Most of us are in the same position. It's what got me doing my own thing a long time ago. Well, that and I'm a bit of a gearhead by nature. Building or tweaking bows is child's play compared to building engines and customizing vehicles. I've never owned anything I haven't improved in some way. Drove my mother nuts as a child. :lol:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ttt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.