Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the finishing touches on my new to me Vectrix XL. It is timed perfectly and everything is within spec. I installed a Limb Driver rest and I noticed a clicking sound at release. Thought it might have been cord slapping against my cable guard so I put a cat whisker on it. Then I took some lipstick to my vanes and viola...fletching contact. :eek: What can I do to fix that? Is this where the noise is coming from? Any suggestions from you LD lovers will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Sounds like your nocking point may be a little low, befor you put the cord into the rest, raise up the launcher to where it will be at full draw,lay an arrow across the rest, it should be perfectly even with the burger button hole, if its not raise or lower the rest accordingly, place an arrow square on the string, your nocking point should be level or slightley above level. Then paper tune to determine center shot and fine tune nocking point. Then walk back tune to fine tune rest. As for noise, I found that the LD is quietest with a pad on the shelf like the simms shelf pad or something similar, and the launcher tight to the pad, I also put a bowjax on the cord about mid way. When the launcher was not landing solidly on the pad it would vibrate and make noise . Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Contact

Make sure the spring is set for enough tension. Might be falling to slow, or maybe to much tension that it would bounce. I found mine work best when the blade lays flat to the riser shelf. I have seen some that are at an angle, with the rest frame to low. You could always trim the launcher back also. I trim mine to the angle. Still enough there to support the arrow without falling off.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Also, a good way to tell if your launcher is making noise is to pluck the down cord like a guitar string, if the launcher arm is not tight enough to the shelf it will vibrate.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Solved the contact issue. Here's what I did. I raised my nock point slightly and that helped some, but still had some contact. So, I trimmed the tips off the launcher arms (which I like better now), hoping that would do it...nope. Finally I DECREASED the tension of the launcher slightly and BINGO, no more contact. Arm must have been dropping with too much force, bouncing back up and hitting the fletching as it went by. If you are having fletching contact issues on your LD, give this a try. I still think this rest is noisier than my old TT Shakey Hunter. I just can't get rid of the slight "slapping" sound and I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. I think it's the cord slapping up against the riser/cable guide. Anybody else shoot a LD with a Hoyt and hear a similar sound?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Solved the contact issue. Here's what I did. I raised my nock point slightly and that helped some, but still had some contact. So, I trimmed the tips off the launcher arms (which I like better now), hoping that would do it...nope. Finally I DECREASED the tension of the launcher slightly and BINGO, no more contact. Arm must have been dropping with too much force, bouncing back up and hitting the fletching as it went by. If you are having fletching contact issues on your LD, give this a try. I still think this rest is noisier than my old TT Shakey Hunter. I just can't get rid of the slight "slapping" sound and I can't pinpoint exactly where it's coming from. I think it's the cord slapping up against the riser/cable guide. Anybody else shoot a LD with a Hoyt and hear a similar sound?
I had a slight slapping noise too with mine until I stuck a Sims fall away pad on the shelf.

http://www.limbsaver.com/Products/Archery/Fall_Away_Drop_Pad.aspx

Completely squash the slapping noise. It was just the launcher arm smacking into the shelf. I tried some moleskin prior to the Sims fall away pad. The moleskin helped minimize the noise but didn't kill it completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts