Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I have shot both an the vapor trail pro v is a quality rest and easy to set up.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's going to be a crap shoot asking, depending on how confident you are in either product. Both are great products imo

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
LD for me

·
Registered
754 Posts
Qad hd

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
LD for me..but both are great rests..cant go wrong either way..both are top notch

·
Registered
22,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
limbdriver is a great rest. easy to set up and just plain out gives you confidence. and thats what you need as a hunter or a 3d shooter

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
limbdriver

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have had both, and completely prefer the Limbdriver. Currently have a Pro V and couldn't be happier. Very easy to set up.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Used both extensively over the last few years. And I gotta admit that the LimbDriver is the most easy to set up, most accurate, most bullet proof, and most reliable dropaway rest I've ever seen.

The best attribute I see in a LimbDriver is that the timing cord hooks to the upper limb and not the down buss. That, in effect, allows you to get the full let off of your bow. Where as a QAD will rob you of at least 1-2 pounds of let off. It does make a difference even if you time it for minimum tension.

I have two of them on both my hunting bows. Lots of critters has been killed with me using LimbDrivers. With a dropaway arrow holder, and some mole skin on the arrow shelf and riser, its an very good rest for any kind of shooting.

I will also give credit to a QAD HD PRO for being a good hunting rest but they can be fussy at times on timing, set up, and fletching contact. When everything is right with them, I actually prefer them for hunting.

Both good rests but the LimbDriver is simply a much better design IMO.

·
Registered
50,366 Posts
Used both extensively over the last few years. And I gotta admit that the LimbDriver is the most easy to set up, most accurate, most bullet proof, and most reliable dropaway rest I've ever seen.

The best attribute I see in a LimbDriver is that the timing cord hooks to the upper limb and not the down buss. That, in effect, allows you to get the full let off of your bow. Where as a QAD will rob you of at least 1-2 pounds of let off. It does make a difference even if you time it for minimum tension.
I have two of them on both my hunting bows. Lots of critters has been killed with me using LimbDrivers. With a dropaway arrow holder, and some mole skin on the arrow shelf and riser, its an very good rest for any kind of shooting.

I will also give credit to a QAD HD PRO for being a good hunting rest but they can be fussy at times on timing, set up, and fletching contact. When everything is right with them, I actually prefer them for hunting.

Both good rests but the LimbDriver is simply a much better design IMO.
Skeeter buddy I'm going to disagree on two points. I've highlighted them. If set up properly they do not rob anything from the bow especially let off. Second I do not find them one bit fussy to set up and if done correctly no fletch contact. I set on the average of four or five of these rests a day and they are no more problamatic to set up than any other drop away rest out there.
Now to your favorite rest------they are very good, set up simple and are reliable ----------except in one area--I find the cords need attention as they tend to stretch out after some time and need to be watched and adjusted now and then.
To the OP my choice would be either the Hoyt or the Fuse QAD HDX.
Dale

1 - 20 of 41 Posts