Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a used Limb Driver rest from someone here on At. Don't have any papers with it. Just wondering if someone can describe how to set it up, or do I need to call Vaportrail. Oh yeah, I'm putting it on my '06 Allegiance.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Limb Driver

Ok here we go it's pretty easy to do:
1) Take the round black piece and you will find a hole in the bottom of it, take the black cord and tie a knot in that piece. Next take the top of it and put it in the top limb of your bow and tighten it down moderately snug not too much or you will strip out the screw.
2) Mount your rest to your bow and the launcher will be in the up position.
3) at the back of your rest on the spring tensioner you will find a small allen head set screw, loosen that and feed the black cord from the top limb down through that hole. Here is where you might need a third hand, but take the launcher and push it down to the arrow shelf and hold it there then pull that black cord down until it is tight then tighten the set screw and it should hold the rest in the down position.
4) When you draw your bow and the limbs come down that will slacken the black cord and allow the launcher to come up and then you can paper tune or whatever from there. That is the 10 second info on the rest. Good luck it is the best fall away I have ever used.
Eric

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Before you tie the cord on you need to check the spring tension and adjust accordingly. To do this nock an arrow and place it on the elevated rest. Pull the rest down with your finger and let go. The rest should pop up quickly but not so that the arrow would bounce from the rest. Adjust accordingly so the tension produces these results.

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
Hehem...

matforme said:
Before you tie the cord on you need to check the spring tension and adjust accordingly. To do this nock an arrow and place it on the elevated rest. Pull the rest down with your finger and let go. The rest should pop up quickly but not so that the arrow would bounce from the rest. Adjust accordingly so the tension produces these results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts