Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have seen tons of people saying do not shoot with limb legs on and based on where they were mounted I understand why.
In the picture I have included, would it not be safe to leave the limb legs in place while shooting since they are not mounted right in the middle of the limbs?
it’s just nice to stand my bow up in the blind but if I’m not super careful it is easy to spook a deer a with accidental noise.
thanks in advance for any insight!

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Wood Bicycle part

·
Registered
Reign 6, Reckoning 35, Hamskea, HHA, MBG, Tight Spot, Illumapin, Shrewd, Stan, Carter
1,124 Posts
I've accidentally shot my bows with them on and they didn't explode or send a arrow into other than it's intended target. Years ago I hunted Antelope from blinds and used a system that attached behind the front stab and forked to support the bow...and obviously shoot with it attached. I'm sure there's something on the market today like it.

·
Registered
Mathews Switchback XT, Prestige,
7 Posts
Seems like the best thing ever in a blind or just shooting, but not being able to shoot with them on seems like a lot of work. But then again, the bow is resting more than it’s shooting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome Beez-knees to the AT!

I know when I got my new boy by Hoyt they've come out with these carbon fiber legs that screw into a quick detach attachment that attaches via stabilizer. Not to spun up on the different options on different manufacturers. But could be worth a look. Here's a quick link to what Im referring too.

Good Luck, hope you find a good reliable solution for yourself! 🤙

·
Registered
19 Posts
Like thedude1234 said, I'm only aware of limb stands provided by the manufacturer that are designed to be shot without removing.

That said, I wonder if there's a thread where folks have tested groups and velocity. It stands to reason that weight on the limb could slow things down, possibly unbalance the set up, or cause stress in parts beyond manufacturer design parameters.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is what you want for a ground blind, can be set at any angle you want to. I have had problems with my bh wanting to make contact with the front of the blind when i used a bow jack.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts