Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
I recently joined AT and have read through many threads but I couldn't find the answer I'm looking for.
I have a PSE Baby G force bow (28" draw at 70lbs) that I bought a few years ago and have shot and taken many deer with. About 3 months ago I had shoulder surgery and when I finally healed up I thought I would start practicing for the upcoming deer season and I found I wasn't able to pull my bow anymore. I started to back out each limb bolt a turn at a time and kept trying to pull it back but couldn't. Well..I ended up going too far and now my limbs are out of their pockets. The sticker on the limb says it's capable of turning down to 55lbs but evidently even that is too much for me right now.
I know the first thing I need to do is put the limbs back into their pockets but not sure how to do this safely. Think it would be alright to use a press without causing any damage either to the bow or me? Should I take it in to the shop?
One more question which will probably be answered at the bow shop if I need to take it in.....are all pockets the same depth? Just in case I can't get the poundage down low enough for me (with the current setup), are there limb pockets that might be deeper for my bow? Sure hate to have to retire the ol' girl and I don't really have the cash to buy a different bow. Now that hunting season is here and my two tags are waiting to be filled. Any suggestions on what I should do?

bowbreath

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should have explained myself a little better. When the limb cleared the pocket it slid towards the center of the bow enough I don't think tightening down the bolt will put it back into the pocket. I didn't try doing that but that is why I'm wondering if putting it in a press would be safe to do. Maybe a picture would help...

bowbreath

Attachments

· Slickhead Slayer
5,771 Posts
The string is going to have to be taken off and the limbs relaxed to have them put back in the pocket. I would take it to a pro shop and suggest getting a exercise band to build up your muscles until you can draw your bow.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I figured.

I went ahead and put it on my press and relaxed the strings/cables and put the limbs back in the pockets. Whew!! Nothing happened as far as damage so everything worked out. Now to get my muscles in shape. Thanks for the input.

bowbreath

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.