Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Traditional
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 17” satori (my first ilf) and would appreciate recommendations for good limbs. My main interest is hunting, I like a short to medium bow and want a 45# draw. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hoyt makes some limbs also. If you want something more budget, then Samick Disovery limbs are rated on a 17" riser. Will save you some guessing on what weight you will end up with.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I put TradTech (Black Max 2.0), medium, 45lb limbs from Lancaster on my 21" Satori a while back. Don't shoot as much as I want, but satisfied with the limbs.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Another vote for tt blackmax limbs. They're affordable and seem reliable. I have 2 sets, and they perform consistent for me. Mark

·
Registered
Traditional
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My satori came with a set of 40# blackmax glass/wood limbs They seem to shoot well but i dont have any ILF experience to compare. The limb pocket fit seems loose but Im not sure if it’s an issue since it shoots well. I went to the ilf so that i can stay with one bow for the next several years by shooting heavier now (45#) and then going lighter in the future. Its painful selling the heavier bows I’ve used forever I appreciate your input

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
I have both the BlackMax 2.0 and Samick Discovery limbs (foam/carbon) and I’m happy with them. The Discovery carbon-foam limbs can be had at Alternative Archery for about 130-140 shipped.

·
Registered
Traditional
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have both the BlackMax 2.0 and Samick Discovery limbs (foam/carbon) and I’m happy with them. The Discovery carbon-foam limbs can be had at Alternative Archery for about 130-140 shippEd.
Thanks - good information
Sx 50 I just got them and like them a lot. Tradtech bf extreme I like too
saw a set of the sx50 in the classified but too early for me to buy since i just joined

·
Registered
Traditional
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What’s your fav riser?
Only risers I've tried are the hoyt dorado and satori Went with the satori so i could try different limbs and go to lighter weight as i need too Im not one that will change alot once i get comfortable I shot the same one piece recurve (55# fox) and longbow (60# martin) for 30 years Changing now because i need a lighter draw

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have some Evo 2's. Very nice shooting and under that 550 price tag. I will say the finish is terrible, but still a very durable limb. I also have 3 sets of Black Maxes. ARe the Evo's worth the extra money? I use them for different reasons and never shot them side by side. If you have me make a decision, I'd say the Evo's are better, but not 200 bucks better.

I think my guess on price tags are close. I bought them a while ago and some new and some used.

Bowmania

·
Registered
Traditional
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have some Evo 2's. Very nice shooting and under that 550 price tag. I will say the finish is terrible, but still a very durable limb. I also have 3 sets of Black Maxes. ARe the Evo's worth the extra money? I use them for different reasons and never shot them side by side. If you have me make a decision, I'd say the Evo's are better, but not 200 bucks better.

I think my guess on price tags are close. I bought them a while ago and some new and some used.

Bowmania
thanks for sharing your thoughts

1 - 20 of 31 Posts