Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
I'm not real sure but try heat from a hair dryer. Then try soap and and water to rub the remaining adhesive off. Good luck getting it off of your bow.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Be careful

I would be very careful heating my limbs! I would call Simms if you are not sure. That is a contact type adhesive and my guess is if you can get your fingernail or something like a plastic scraper to lift up the edge you can peel it off. Again, if in doubt, call Simms or your bow manufacturer.- Good luck!!

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I would be very careful heating my limbs! I would call Simms if you are not sure. That is a contact type adhesive and my guess is if you can get your fingernail or something like a plastic scraper to lift up the edge you can peel it off. Again, if in doubt, call Simms or your bow manufacturer.- Good luck!!
Exactly, definitely don't heat the limb :eek:

This happened to me before and as H4E suggested, I took a flat head screw driver and was able to CAREFULLY get a corner of the sticky plastic up. From there I just peeled it back VERY SLOWLY. After it was off I cleaned the area a bit and put the new limbsaver right where the old one was :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Yup, just get under it with fingernails like Hunter4ever said and slowly pull up on the edges...if you keep an even pressure pulling it up on an edge it will start to peel up. Any left over adhesive should rub off easily with some alcohol.
Call Sims and ask for Cosmose in warranty, more than likely he will send you a new set for no charge.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
didnt they state in their website that is is normal for the navcom material to wear out? does their warranty cover this wear and tear?
Their warranty department is awesome...the only person I have ever talked to in warranty was Cosmose and he has replaced a few different things for me that were made from their earlier black navcom , because they admittedly had a problem with some of the black. I can almost guarantee if you call and ask if these Limbsavers should tear like they did, he will say what your address!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.