Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Apex currently does not have any limb savers on it at all...It is just a target bow but do you guys out there with Apex's think they make a big difference???

·
74,535 Posts
Dont see the need

drtnshtr said:
My Apex currently does not have any limb savers on it at all...It is just a target bow but do you guys out there with Apex's think they make a big difference???
Because I have the STS on mine and it makes it so smooth.
DB

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But lets just say I am not going to use an STS...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
For competition sake you do not need limbsavers. But, limbsavers do quiten the bow a little and stop some of the limb vibration. When I got my very first set I was shooting an MQ1 and I shot 10 to 12 shots with my eyes closed and then put the limb savers on and shot with my eyes closed and could tell some difference. I hunted with an Apex last year and with a Sims stabilizer, Limb savers, string Leechs and one set of the CSS things on the bottom of the limbs the bow was very quiet and vibration free, but that is a little overkill for a comp bow.

·
Lou & Jode
10,782 Posts
I put Bowjax on mine and it helped quite a bit.My 06 Apex is loud but it's shooting 305fps,it shoots great but the noise was getting to me,I'd say the Jax cut the noise in half

1 - 6 of 6 Posts