Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so far used 3 sets of Sims Limb Savers on my Hoyt Defiant within the period of 2 years. I find the rubber discs of the limb savers come off easily. I wonder why Sims do not use better glue to stick the rubber discs on the plastic holder of the limb savers. I am now on my 4th. set of limb savers.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Glue em' back on with fast set gel, or another fleetching cement. Works great.:D Goat Tuff doesn't work well on the rubber though, I tried that first. Lasted a week.:( The gel has lasted for 6 months, and I shoot 500 arrows a week.:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Limb savers

Thanks for your quick response. i had glued them with strong epoxy glue and they are now setting.

My friend, who is a coach, said gluing them again would not work but then how is he to know? He is just coaching, ya?

Besides, most Singaporeans are most unknowledgable about such things, which are manufactured in U.S.A. Most of them just go by the brands of the goods.

This coach also is an archery dealer being a Mathews agent here. He also sells such stuffs together with Mathews bows and an assortment of arrows from Easton to Cartel. He is also a National Archer in compound section.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Donald,

another possibility may be the use of two sets of glue-on limb-savers for recurve-bows. Simply mount one of them to each of the split-limbs....... in the same hight, of course.

I 've seen that before on a Hoyt-bow. Seamed to work great, and looks way cool.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts