Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reluctant to ask . After emerging from this years ice age I have had to time to dial in my alphamax 35 . ON the top limb inner edge at the alpha shock (vibration dampened ) and on bottom limb outer edge same area . IT is a single stand that does not appear at least to me serious. I have not contacted Hoyt as this bow was bought threw AT's classifieds last year . I truly believe the seller never new or was aware of this or this condition or the splinters are just starting . Could this problem be attributed to the extremes of winter usage ? Can it be stopped ? Do I need to be prepared to get new limbs and start all over again ? Lastly can there be catistrofic failure ?

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
usually if its just a small splinter then you can simply clip it off with sharp nail clippers and then sand it down to keep anything else from happening and then put a dab of super glue on it.
Post up a pic of the offending splinter so someone an give you a better prognosis.
could be from extreme winter use, but things like this can happen with just about any bows limbs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iThanks , it does not sound serious , clip sand and glue . Simple easy fix but will monitor limbs for security . As for a picture I am not tech savy and I think it would not show up in picture and I don`t have a smart phone type camera .

·
Registered
17,290 Posts
it will depend on where the splinter is. If it's on an edge, that's common and can easily be repaired. When you do repair it, lift up the splinter- shove some CA or epoxy under it, let it set- then clip/cut and sand...cover with CA/Epoxy. I say Epoxy too because of strength and flexability. I like CA but it breaks/cracks easier than epoxy.

If it's in the middle of the limb, you'll want to pay extra attention to the area around that splinter. Typically if it's on the face of the limb, there will be more than one splinter...you'll want to examine it closely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts