Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is 12:30pm and Im leaving for snowshoe at 7:00am tomorrow. I was out shooting and heard a loud pop, then I noticed that my limb had a big splinter in it. My dealer works until 6:00pm at his full time job so I dont have a clue if I can get it fixed or what Im going to do. Man I cant believe this is happening to me.:( My first big shoot and everything is already falling apart.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
bow-legged,
What kind of bow? maybe someone here that is going can help you out???

--mike

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Mathews Conquest 3, 70lbs at 30 inch draw. Man this sucks that I cant get a hold of my dealer until 6:00. If he has another set of limbs Im still not going to have alot of time to get it set up. Will my nock point and peep sight have to be reset? Do knew limbs have to break in?

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,809 Posts
I wish you luck and hope you can get your limbs replaced in time. Next time you might want to have a backup bow in case something like this happens again.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,815 Posts
Call Mathews direct and see if anyone is going to Snowshoe that could bring you a set. Take your idler, cam, and strings and cables off as one unit. Do not remove the string from the cam or idler. Make sure you get the same deflection umber limbs and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
If you switch limbs, I would deffinently check everything for square and peep setting. It should be very close. Just make sure that you do not take out or put any twists in the string and cable when changing the limbs.

Oh yeah, new limbs do not have to be broke in, they just BREAK ;)

LeEarl

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
bow-legged, I would fathom a guess based on experience that things should stay pretty close to your current set-up. Should be able to swap limbs out and not have it change anything significantly in terms of peep settings, nock height, cam rotation, etc. Couple big IF's however. First, I believe it depends on how "sudden" the limb went. If its been weakening slowly over time you sight marks, nock point, etc. will already be set for the weakened condition. In which case it may take a little additional tuning and re-sighting in. The second "IF", depends on how closely matched the replacement limb(s) are to the original. Should be reasonably close and therefore shouldn't change anything critical except possibly having to fine tune your sight marks. However, I don't know how critical this is on a solo-cam so can only guess that even if the limb is slightly stiffer/weaker than the original that things should stay close in this regard.

Possibly if you can't get ahold of your dealer, you can call Mathews directly explain your predicament and see if they can have a limb and some tech staff available when you get to Snowshoe to help you swap out the broken one? May be an avenue to explore?

Good luck...............

>>---------->

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Wow, guess I type slow, lol........:D

Pretty much everything I covered by several others already!

>>------->

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,809 Posts
One small problem. There are alot of Mathews people at the worlds but they have never setup a "Booth" there to the best of my knowledge. Hopefully they will be willing to work with you on this one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If Matthews is not going to have a booth at the worlds they should have someone taking care of problems like this such as Lancaster archery or some other vendor who sets up a booth at these events. If they don't have anyone already allocated to take care of bow problems, then maybe you can work something out between Matthews and Lancaster archery. Good luck and God bless. :eek: :( :)

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
If you need a bow for this weekend, call or PM me and I'll airmail you one of mine to shoot. It's there if you need it and I promise it won't break on you.:) Good luck.

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Great response Jim. I just wish everyone was as willing as you are to help out our fellow archer. That is what we need for the sport of archery to grow. Hats off to Jimmy D.

LeEarl

·
Extreme Opinionated One
43,809 Posts
Lancaster's trailer is full of all kinds of good things but spare limbs has never been big on thier list of things to bring that I know of. I have no idea where you could get support for a Mathews bow at the worlds to be honest. When I shot their bows I always thought that kinda wierd. No booth at the worlds. You'd think as good as they are with public relations they would have a BIG old 18 wheeler with Mathews logos all over that puppy with about a crew of at least 50 people to staff it for this event. Several Thousand shooters at one place at one time and at least 60% of them shooting Mathews. You know out of all those people shooting thier bows SOMEONES bow is going to blowup at the worlds and need immediate factory help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A shooter at the Classic had his limb come apart while warming up......

He was scurrying.

Will

·
Registered
252 Posts
Even though Lancaster does'nt usually carry extra limbs you might be able to work something out with them. Their home proshop is a dealer in Mathews bows. They might be willing to bring a set over to the shoot if you contact them. Can"t hurt to talk to them. By the way that is ultra cool of you JIM DESPART to offer up one of your bows.:)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your support

Thank you all for all your suggestions. Im getting ready to go to my dealer. He has not called me yet but I hope he will be there. Hey jds900ex thanks thats the nicest thing anybody has ever offered me. I hope my dealer can save me but if he cant I will have him call mathews and see if they can help me at snowshoe. I will keep everybody updated on what happens.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Check your PM'S. My phone # is there if you want me to airmail you a bow tomorrow. Shoot well.

·
Registered
339 Posts
WOW- JD that is a very nice thing to offer some one. I must say that is very sportsman like and you did it with out bashing mathews (sorta) Very good hope you keep it up. :D

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Hey Jim..y'know..my limb just splintered..and I'm going to a big 3D shoot this weekend...

Well..

...actually it's in my backyard...

but it's very prestigious! :D

Seriously..way cool thing to do. Hope to see ya 'round FAS soon.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My dealer hooked me up!!

I just got back from my dealer. He did not have any 70lbs limbs for a c3, but is going to replace them for me at no charge. He was going to let me borrow a new c3 with 60lbs limbs, but when I found out that he was going to loose money on it because he would have to sell it as a used bow I couldnt accept. He did have a used kiwi green c2 wiyh 60lbs limbs on it that already had a cord installed on it for a trophy taker so that is what he let me use for snowshoe. He helped me set it up free of charge and even gave me lighter field tips. My only worry is that Im shooting about 23fps slower than my other bow and I dont know how much that is going to affect me.

Thanks again jdes900x for the offer, if my dealer couldnt have helped me I was going to take you up on that offer. You also helped me get threw a stressfull time because I had a back up plan.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts