Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen people tie limbdriver cords to the yoke before and heard it works pretty well. Could this also work with a floating yoke? Does anyone attach their limbdriver cord to the loop of a floating yoke? I like this idea because it really shortens the cord length but I was hoping to hear from someone who has tried it first.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Why not leave it attached to the limb? Just a question.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I like the idea of a much shorter cord. Just less to get hung on in the woods.
I'm not sure I get that - if that's happening, then you should be snagging your string and cables ...

However, you probably could do it, but I think you'd have clearance issues with the cableguard.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have use my limb driver thru brush in south Texas to Northern Kansas and have not had any "hanging" problems.
Might have just been lucky so far.

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Why not leave it attached to the limb? Just a question.
It can be easier to tune when attached to the yoke. When I had mine on the limb of my Omen. I had to tune the rest a bit more. When it was moved to the yoke alot easier to tune. My experience, plus it doesnt ride into the cable gaurd as bad. Also seen some guys attach it to the outside of the cam axle. have to use a longer axle, but it looks pretty cool.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
I've seen people tie limbdriver cords to the yoke before and heard it works pretty well. Could this also work with a floating yoke? Does anyone attach their limbdriver cord to the loop of a floating yoke? I like this idea because it really shortens the cord length but I was hoping to hear from someone who has tried it first.
A limb driven rest was made to hook to a limb. They work perfectly that way.

I had big concerns about the longer timing cord too. To the point to where I kept switching back and forth to a QAD until I thought I would just about wear out both of them. Then it finally became apparent that it's simply not an issue.

I go through some very thick brush and weeds on a regular basis at my happy hunting grounds and never once had an issue with a LimbDriver rest.

If you connnect the timing cord to any cable, whenever you have to tweek the tune of your bow, you will have to disconnect the cord. Not so when connected to the limb. In fact, you can replace the entire string and cable assembly without touching the cord IF hooked to the limb.

This is how I now set mine up and it works great. I use the soft side of industrial velcro to prevent the limb from being chaffed and to hold the cord more tightly.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
It can be easier to tune when attached to the yoke. When I had mine on the limb of my Omen. I had to tune the rest a bit more. When it was moved to the yoke alot easier to tune. My experience, plus it doesnt ride into the cable gaurd as bad. Also seen some guys attach it to the outside of the cam axle. have to use a longer axle, but it looks pretty cool.
Nice! I bet that does look sharp.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I've had no problems with mine attached to the limb, I place some moleskin around the limb and then made a D-loop type knott and it works perfect. And the whole thing about it getting caught when out hunting is a bunch of bull, because it's not that far from the strings and my quiver and arrows help keep it protected form that kind of situation, if your snagging your pull cord your probably getting the string at the same time.

·
Vendor
6,897 Posts
I had one set up on my infinity tied into the axle loop on the floating yoke. That worked pretty well also.

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Tie it to the yoke works great i have not had any issues

Sent from my archerytalk viewing device using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,897 Posts
Mine was just like shootstraight's....

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Mine works perfectly attached to yoke- I have used them this way for years- Easier to attach, less cord and less cord means less worries. Just put a half hitch on the yoke and attach to rest and done deal.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, I'll probably try going to the yoke and see how it goes. I was just concerned about the cord causing wear. Does anyone have any pics of a limbdriver cord tied to a floating yoke system?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts