Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a Limbdriver rest for hunting? My next bow will be a binary cam bow and I am considering using a Limbdriver instead of a rest that ties into the down cable? Any problems I need to know about? FWIW I hunt out of ground blinds and not out of trees.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I use one and what not use anything else for huting.. In my opinion and probally thousands of others it is the best rest on the market...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I use one and would not use anything else for huting.. In my opinion and probally thousands of others it is the best rest on the market...

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Used one last season and it worked great. Shot this doe at 37 yards.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Limb Driver

Anyone use a Limbdriver rest for hunting? My next bow will be a binary cam bow and I am considering using a Limbdriver instead of a rest that ties into the down cable? Any problems I need to know about? FWIW I hunt out of ground blinds and not out of trees.
6 deer with it in the last 3 years.....broadhead tuning is a BREEZE!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet! I just had some concerns with the cable that goes from the limb to the rest snagging on stuff.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Sweet! I just had some concerns with the cable that goes from the limb to the rest snagging on stuff.
That is the main objection I hear, but for most people the quiver covers it anyway. I have yet to snag mine hard enough to do any damage. I think they are the best rest I've used yet..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
That is the main objection I hear, but for most people the quiver covers it anyway. I have yet to snag mine hard enough to do any damage. I think they are the best rest I've used yet..
I have the Limbdriver on two of my bows as well, it's a fantastic rest. I haven't hunted with it yet but if it's fantastic for 3D, it's fantastic for hunting.

I also hear the concern for the cable, it's no different than the bows cables or any other drop away with a cable. Can't see that as an issue.

·
Registered
826 Posts
if the string for the limbdriver would snag on something,more then likely the bow string would snag on something also I plan on using the limbdriver rest this year and the last thing that I am concerned with is the string for the limbdriver snagging on something. limbdriver rest is the best rest I have ever used.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
i've used one for the last 4 years. i have not had any issues with the cord getting snagged or anything else. i've used it on an old Jennings Barracuda and now on my diamond Marquis.

the only thing i will note is that you want to make sure the spring tension isn't to high and "pop" your arrow out of the holder. other wise this rest is the best i've personally used to date..... heck i even got my first RH after 23 years of shooting abotu 3 weeks ago....:wink:

FWIW..... i also ground hunt. i don't use a blind at all but i do stalk alot and if i do need to use a stand it is only because the stuff is so thick that i need to get up alittle to get a 10-15 yard shot.

Speed

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Yep set the spring tension to your arrow weight. Hold the arrow and rest down on the riser and let it pop up. The arrow should come up and not jump off the rest as the launcher rises. The tension is set!!

i've used one for the last 4 years. i have not had any issues with the cord getting snagged or anything else. i've used it on an old Jennings Barracuda and now on my diamond Marquis.

the only thing i will note is that you want to make sure the spring tension isn't to high and "pop" your arrow out of the holder. other wise this rest is the best i've personally used to date..... heck i even got my first RH after 23 years of shooting abotu 3 weeks ago....:wink:

FWIW..... i also ground hunt. i don't use a blind at all but i do stalk alot and if i do need to use a stand it is only because the stuff is so thick that i need to get up alittle to get a 10-15 yard shot.

Speed

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
Fantastic rest, I'll never use another.
I keep an extra cord in my pack just in case.

IF I caught it on something, 5min later and I'm up and shooting again.

Try that with another rest that has the cord served in...

ANY cord could snag something...

Mines been through some thick crap, but no issues so far.

·
Team #12 - 2009 Winners!!
10,149 Posts
I just got mine on my bow and love it! it looks and seems like it will be a great rest!

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
I put one on my Tribby, its the best rest I've ever used. It layes flat on shelf, so theres nothing that can touch your fletchings.
And when it comes to setting it up....its a snap.

Just go get one and you'll see.

BTW, the idea of carry'n an extra pull string is a good one, 5min. at the most too fix.

·
Registered
592 Posts
LD =TBTI ( the best there is) there would be no issue with using it if you use the arrow holder that comes with it ( holds arrow in place upside down). However it may be unfair...cause its too good!!!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Yes the original LD was model specific, and it didnt have the new elevation adjustment for the launcher. You had to adjust launcher height with the angle of the launcher.

Is there a difference between the LD & the LD Pro?

·
Registered
37,113 Posts
I would not worry about the cord snagging anything. Its a great rest but I put my biscuit back on my hunting rig because I just dont like a rest that raises and lowers the arrow off the shelf for hunting. Im sure alot of others have used them without a problem...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts