Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I set up my micro elite, I did it according to the instructions and set it as close to the riser as possible (forward/back, not left/right). Now, I'd really like to move it back some as part of torque tuning to make my setup a little more forgiving. Am I going to create a problem by doing that? I'm guessing that the instructions recommend to set it as far forward as possible to make sure the rest supports the arrow long enough during the shot but I may be wrong.

I'm currently set fully forward in the slot. If it's relevant to the question, I'm a 31" draw. What problems may I create by moving it back as far as it will go? I'm not sure I'll need to move it that far, but want to know what the tradeoffs might be if I do.

D

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
You can slide it back if needed. I personally recommend keeping the launcher so it comes down over the shelf, but some people like to move it back further. Just be sure that your cord is not overly tight. It should be ONLY tight enough to hold the launcher in the down position. Hopefully this helps!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can slide it back if needed. I personally recommend keeping the launcher so it comes down over the shelf, but some people like to move it back further. Just be sure that your cord is not overly tight. It should be ONLY tight enough to hold the launcher in the down position. Hopefully this helps!
It does, thank you! Could you explain why you recommend keeping the launcher so that it comes down over the shelf?

D

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I recommend it because the launcher is able to contact the rubber shelf pad when installed this way. I personally don't like having the launcher hanging back behind the shelf. IF someone gets their cord REALLY tight, you may see issues with overtravel of the blade (flexing). It's just harder on the blade. If the cord is the correct tension, there should be no issues, however.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recommend it because the launcher is able to contact the rubber shelf pad when installed this way. I personally don't like having the launcher hanging back behind the shelf. IF someone gets their cord REALLY tight, you may see issues with overtravel of the blade (flexing). It's just harder on the blade. If the cord is the correct tension, there should be no issues, however.
On my bow, the launcher doesn't contact the shelf pad anyway so it looks like it won't be a problem for me. I'm very careful not to overtighten the cord though. I actually have the opposite problem as mine likes to be slightly up from the fully down position. The shop accidentally lost the cord that came with the rest while swapping limbs on my bow. They replaced it with some d loop cord that doesn't hold it's position nearly as well as the cord supplied with the rest. Thanks for your help!

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts