Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of Limbdrivers and think they are the best rest I have ever used. However, I have found that on one at least, there is a noticable noise. I did a quick change over to another type rest just to see. Sure enough my bow became very quiet. I did change it back out to the LD because of possible timing issues. Does anyone out there know how to quiet down a LD? I know my bow is tuned and in sync.
Thanks.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Upon release. I thought it was my new bow until I switched it out to another one just to see. I have another LD that I'm thinking about installing on it to see if it's just that one LD with issues. I have had LD on my bowtechs and never noticed any noise.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I put a limbsaver drop pad on my riser shelf to let the launcher fall onto, I put moleskin on the launcher and I take a little strip of moleskin and put it around the little stop post on the backside of the rest to quiet any metal to metal contact.
Hope you get it figured out, I really love this rest and I don't notice any noise on mine.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
^ agreed you may need to adjust the launcher just off the riser. Also check to make sure your attachment string is not interfering with cables, cable guard, or riser.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I just switched it out to another one that I had on my 101st. The noise still seems to be there. I have adjusted it so it does not contact the rubber VEM on the shelf. I have also made certain that the cord is not too tight and have adjusted the spring tension. Already have some mole skin on the launcher but I think I will put some on the back side of the stop like ratfart said. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I would check to see if you have the tension screw is tight on the launcher arm? You may need to PM Quityourcrying here on AT.

HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts