Archery Talk Forum banner

Limbdriver rest ? hoyt mount

643 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  WV-MTNEER
Is there a different mounting block for the Hoyt Tec riser or are they a universal mount?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12,196 Posts
When you order a Limb Driver, you have to choose between solid limb and split limb, but I think the mount is the same (unless they change the mount for the "split limb" because most split limbs are Hoyts).

· Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to try one this year, I ordered the split limb version but there was no question about the mounting block, so I assumed they were universal. I was just wanting to make sure I was correct.

· Registered
2,919 Posts
the old original limbdriver had a "hoyt mount" that fits quite nicely on the tec riser, but it did not have the vertical adjustment that the new model has

you can use the new standard "pro" model, but it will generally stick out on the front of the riser -- the old one was a nicer looking setup, but again it lacked the vertical adjustment

for the limb attachment, you want the split limb model -- or better yet, use an old hoyt style limbsaver (mushroom type) and drill a hole through it for the cord

· Registered
9,477 Posts
I don't know if they have a hoyt mount but it will work on a tec riser. You just need to use an allen wrench that the shorter end isn't too long when adjusting the windage because it would hit the cable guard rod. I couldn't use my allen set but could use a single allen wrench

· Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys thanks, as long as the new mount will fit allright Im not gonna worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.