Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As everyone knows, the Limbdriver arrow rest is one of the best out there. All in all, it really doesn't have any huge flaws, IMO. The only thing about it that bugged me was the "pull-through-and-tighten" cord connection. If you spend a lot of time tuning or tweaking, the repetitive loosening and tightening of that set screw starts to fray the activation cord. Also, it's a bit of a PITA to loosen and tighten it in order to make rest adjustments. The link below will show you the full thread with pics of my modifications that put an end to the pull-through-and-tighten type of connection. Also, you'll notice that I flipped the activation lever around so that my rest operates using the bottom limb instead of the top limb. I like attaching the cord to the bottom limb because it keeps the cord away from my sight window and makes it easier to hang the bow on a hook while in the stand.

http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/showthread.php?7667-Limb-Driver-rest-modification-(pics)

I have since added heat-shrink tubing to my activation cord to make things look a little bit "cleaner."

Anyone else here modify their limbdrivers in a way similar to this? Any suggestions or ideas to make these mods even better?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Pretty cool! Only thing is if one wants to add or subtract draw weight isn't that setup a little difficult to modify once the shrink is heated up? I have ordered a couple Limbdriven to the max kits with the same idea only an actual bowstring that can be twisted and untwisted to make the adjustments.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
BTW, Limbdrivers are AWESOME. I do have a TT Smack down which I like as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty cool! Only thing is if one wants to add or subtract draw weight isn't that setup a little difficult to modify once the shrink is heated up? I have ordered a couple Limbdriven to the max kits with the same idea only an actual bowstring that can be twisted and untwisted to make the adjustments.
You are absolutely right. That's the only downfall I can think of with this setup. You pretty much have to wait until you get your bow tuned and tweaked where you want it to be before finalizing the length of the cord. This is a major advantage of the driven to the max kit... Being able to twist/untwist the string would be very beneficial.

·
Design&Hunt
1,740 Posts
This is how I have my rigged up. String made up from Jim (JRH60) to match the strings he made for my Alien.

·
Design&Hunt
1,740 Posts
I wish I had thought of a bowstring instead of D loop material, great idea!
Not my idea, SSStrings has it - http://ssstrings.com/products.html Limb Driven to the Maxx is what they call it. Most of the string builders should be able to put one together for you at this point. It's really nice. You can pop it off and add a few twists to tighten it up and it looks nice matching the strings.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Going to try the SSStrings looks good!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mike carter at Carters archery AND Wes Vanhorn at Fury X archery build limb driven strings on all their custom set ups that include limbdrivers. AND YES! THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
if i do this to my LD and get rid of the stock aluminum bracket that attaches the string to the limb how do i keep the pull cord on the exact place on the limb? The little rubber pad on the limb worries me.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I did my own before the Limb Driver. I used steel fishing leader from a Schaffer overdraw to the lower limb. Held up great!

·
Registered
380 Posts
+1 for anthony @ ssstrings. Just got mine in. only $12. Is he on AT? I would like to leave him some + feedback. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts