Archery Talk Forum banner

Limbdriver & Split limbs

535 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BlackTimber
I have seen a few pics with the rest chord attached to the limb directly, not using the supplied camp. I would like to set up my Alpha Max this way. Can some one show me some more pics of this setup? Also what keeps the cable from sliding down the limb?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,165 Posts
Seems like a not so good idea to me. use the clamp. Its designed that way for a reason. Its not hindering performance.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like a not so good idea to me. use the clamp. Its designed that way for a reason. Its not hindering performance.
But when you do as much tinkering as I do getting your bow into perfect tune for the way I shoot it is a real pain in the arse every time I have to press it.
Yea, I know buy a finger press. I have a press, I'm not going to spend X amount to buy a finger press just so I don't have to take the clamp off to press my bow. I'd rather deal with it.

· Registered
4,165 Posts
But when you do as much tinkering as I do getting your bow into perfect tune for the way I shoot it is a real pain in the arse every time I have to press it.
Yea, I know buy a finger press. I have a press, I'm not going to spend X amount to buy a finger press just so I don't have to take the clamp off to press my bow. I'd rather deal with it.
I hear ya. Im just soooo glad I have the EZ press:darkbeer:

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya. Im just soooo glad I have the EZ press:darkbeer:
Wish I had one but the one I have works and it's just me, my son and occasionally a friend. If the economic times where better I'd think about it.

· eyes and arrows
3,682 Posts
if you tune your bow that much then why risk not having a poor attachment to your bow?? seriously, just get the adapter...it is only a 5 second thing. not a big deal.

Joe

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
You can attach it to the cam/idler axle under the C-clip,but to do this you should have a special cable for the rest that is looped and served. Look in the "Crackers" thread to see pics. If using the stock cable just go with the split limb attachment.

· Registered
4,165 Posts
Wish I had one but the one I have works and it's just me, my son and occasionally a friend. If the economic times where better I'd think about it.
Good time to buy stocks! Citigroup and AIG have made me some reallllly good money in the past week!!!!!

· onward and upward
953 Posts
Timber I have the limbdriver on my hoyt and I use a apple press with no ill affects to the bracket or the press. I have also sen people put a hole through the alpha shock in the limbs but I have had that creep on my to many times, although this may not be as much as a factor with the parallel configuration of the AM. Oh and by the way great bow you added to the stable. Maybe my 35 will come before the 2010's do:(.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ken, I have not had a chance to shoot his bow yet but man, am I excited to. I know that on my bowtech every time I put it in the press I have to take the button off the limb. I might be able to find a good spot for the clamp that the pin on the press won't interfere with??? That is one advantage with a split limb bow.

· onward and upward
953 Posts
Ken, I have not had a chance to shoot his bow yet but man, am I excited to. I know that on my bowtech every time I put it in the press I have to take the button off the limb. I might be able to find a good spot for the clamp that the pin on the press won't interfere with??? That is one advantage with a split limb bow.
What press are you using? The nice thing about the split limb model is if you need to move it you can just slide it down the lime a little. That is one reason I really love the LD is because the string length is not so critical you can't mess with it a little and keep it shooting good. When are you going to get the AM in? I know the wait is killing me, all of these great 3D shoots going on to practice with without the new killing machine.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What press am I using? Well...it's mine. My own design.
As far as the bow? I won it at the ISE "pop up" 3D shoot on Saturday. :RockOn: I need to take it in today and exchange it for one with the #2 cam. Then tonight I will be setting it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.