Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
11,205 Posts
Just because you say it or that Sonny guy says it. DOESN’T make it so...... the FACT is, the data speaks for itself, if you and him want to try to lead the younger generation down the wrong path. Just because you don’t want to advance in this sport. Well that’s just not right, no reason you should be poisoning people who could potentially be involved in this sport long after you’re gone.
What EXACTLY does the data say?

Sent from my SM-G532M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,690 Posts
Just because you say it or that Sonny guy says it. DOESN’T make it so...... the FACT is, the data speaks for itself, if you and him want to try to lead the younger generation down the wrong path. Just because you don’t want to advance in this sport. Well that’s just not right, no reason you should be poisoning people who could potentially be involved in this sport long after you’re gone.
LMAO between Sonny and myself we have done this probably 3 times longer than before you were born. We both have worked on and around bows longer than you were even a twinkle in your parents eye.
Keep trying but your not impressing anyone.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
You haven’t done any testing obviously. I’ve taken 2 of the same bow, backed one off, and maxed the other one out. The maxed out one is better in every way. But whatever you think what you want. You are clueless.
That bows perform, tune, fell better on the shot, and produce the MOST efficiency, when they’re MAXED OUT!!!!
I’m gonna guess you’ve been here before and got the ban hammer. No one new comes in here so cocky and argumentative unless they’ve played the game before. Your arguments are nonsensical but you won’t see that, you’ve just come here to state YOUR facts. People have asked for data, you have none except your opinion and your buddies opinion. You say we are old and not up to date with our information yet you are the one spouting outdated information that was true of bows in the 90’s. You go on believing what you want cause you obviously know more than anyone here. Just what this community needs another know it all 🙄🙄🙄

So you win the award this week..
9BC67BF9-3F05-4DDF-9C16-AC68A376CA3A.jpeg

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
That bows perform, tune, fell better on the shot, and produce the MOST efficiency, when they’re MAXED OUT!!!!
Here’s your chance to quiet all of the doubters... just post up some data to show us you are right, because popular consensus from lots of trial and error says that isn’t the case anymore

·
Back Yard Champion
29,345 Posts
You just don’t grasp the concept of technology and or efficiency. As I stated before, any bow can shoot at 20 yards with little to no tuning. Start shooting longer and see what happens then. Too man old head ways here, trying to use that on 2021 bows. Just doesn’t mix.
I've shot Outdoor and Field, not short shooting at all, and I've placed and won more than my fair share of times. Many of these times it was with a 70 pound bow turned down to 62 pounds.
What are you going to come with next, mouth?

·
Back Yard Champion
29,345 Posts
Here’s your chance to quiet all of the doubters... just post up some data to show us you are right, because popular consensus from lots of trial and error says that isn’t the case anymore
Here's mine the other way. 70 pound bow turned down to 62 pounds. Velocity; 295 fps....Same bow I had to de-tune because is was too fast for the IAA Two Day State Field Championship, finished 2nd in Sr. Adult Free Style. Used heaver arrow and turned it down to 60 pounds......

3 arrows of 5 in the black dot..........

35,60,80.JPG

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yeah...I don't see that happening. Judging by his posts here and in other threads, he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of some of the good folks here.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,345 Posts
Yeah...I don't see that happening. Judging by his posts here and in other threads, he's just a troll trying to get a rise out of some of the good folks here.
You could very well be correct. Blowing off like he is and no proof any where to back him up......

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Here's mine the other way. 70 pound bow turned down to 62 pounds. Velocity; 295 fps....Same bow I had to de-tune because is was too fast for the IAA Two Day State Field Championship, finished 2nd in Sr. Adult Free Style. Used heaver arrow and turned it down to 60 pounds......

3 arrows of 5 in the black dot..........

View attachment 7347983
If you bottomed out your limbs, you probably could have tightened up those groups some:ROFLMAO:

some damn good shooting!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I have wanted to try an 80 lb bow for years but never did because I was afraid that I wouldn't like it. I feel like I could easily draw 80 lbs and with todays letoff and smoother draw cycles, I am thinking about going for it. My question is, in years past, the bows performed better with the limbs maxed out, is that still the case? Say I don't like 80 lbs and I wanted to back it down to 75 lbs. Would is still shoot as good or would that not be ideal? I am thinking about getting a 80 lb ventum.
Yes, it will still shoot just as Good.

·
NOOBY
816 Posts
been following with interst in this....so my question is has anyone asked a major mfg about this...what are they saying.

I just asked a brand this waiting for a reply. Trying to set up my bow with the mods I just installed at best set up.

Not trying to start something but what are the makers saying to do?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
been following with interst in this....so my question is has anyone asked a major mfg about this...what are they saying.

I just asked a brand this waiting for a reply. Trying to set up my bow with the mods I just installed at best set up.

Not trying to start something but what are the makers saying to do?
If it wasn’t meant to be done they wouldn’t give a range the limbs could go or install a bolt to turn out. I would think a better question would be what are the pros doing? They’re not all bottomed out for sure. The biggest thing is draw length does grow a small amount which can certainly affect accuracy. Those that know and understand this adjust cables etc accordingly so that they are shooting the draw length they need.

Reactions: sdmc530

·
Registered
243 Posts
A couple days ago I talked to someone at Elite, to ask if their specs on the Rezult (40-70) was the adjustment or a range that covered different limbs. They do have a few different limbs and in the course of our conversation he did say that it is best to pick limbs close to your peak dw rather than turning back the the dw more on heavier limbs. That said, due to the context in which he said this, I think he was speaking more from traditional thought than current data or data on this specific bows testing. More like if I want to shoot 50# i would be better off with 55# limbs than with 65.

I have seen posts on this forum about people backing off a few lbs because the arrows they are shooting like it better. If I was really convinced that shooting with my limbs cranked all the way down, the question then come up of whether I would also want to build the perfect arrow for that weight and other aspects of my set up. For me, the answer would be no. I'm just not that picky, at least not where I am at in the game.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
A couple days ago I talked to someone at Elite, to ask if their specs on the Rezult (40-70) was the adjustment or a range that covered different limbs. They do have a few different limbs and in the course of our conversation he did say that it is best to pick limbs close to your peak dw rather than turning back the the dw more on heavier limbs. That said, due to the context in which he said this, I think he was speaking more from traditional thought than current data or data on this specific bows testing. More like if I want to shoot 50# i would be better off with 55# limbs than with 65.

I have seen posts on this forum about people backing off a few lbs because the arrows they are shooting like it better. If I was really convinced that shooting with my limbs cranked all the way down, the question then come up of whether I would also want to build the perfect arrow for that weight and other aspects of my set up. For me, the answer would be no. I'm just not that picky, at least not where I am at in the game.
Elite recommends that limb bolts not be turned out more than 2 turns. That typically gives you about 8 pounds. So when you see a range of 40-70 it is assumed that you know they only adjust in (typically) 10 pound increments and not 30 or 40. They are just stating that they can be ordered with either 40-70 (max) limbs. Some bow manufacturers offer a broader range of adjustment (PSE on some models are 15lbs).

41 - 60 of 102 Posts