Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanted : 25# to 28# non ilf limbs for an older sky medalist takedown.
does any one know if these interchange with the hoyt medalist or any current limbs?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
does your Sky Medalist have any limbs?
Or do you just have the riser?
Sky Joad Medalists, I have had a few, and some limb butts had rockers and a tapered sides, similar to ILF limbs, and I do nto have one NOW, to see, but might be same butt-to-fitting dimension.
NOT sure.....for sure....what you have. I also think there were some progressions in between the series(s).
Hoyt Pro Medalists (I have also had a few of these) a squarer limb butt and THICKER limb butt than the Sky Joad Medalists had.....in my experience.
Hoyt Pro Medalists used the TD-3 type of riser and the Sky Joad Medalists I have had used the Rambo style of riser.
A picture of your riser pocket or entire riser will help us help you out.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
YES I will say cautiously that you can run Hoyt ProMedalist limbs on that riser.......I've done some of it.
Caveat is that you will sometimes run across limbs that have a wider limb butt than others, and have to get creative SANDING them to fit the riser pocket.
ALso some of them will come THICKER top-bottom, so again, a bit of sanding will make them fit. Seal up with sealer - fingernail polish - super glue after sanding.
Nice bow.....under grip riser will probably say on left side TD-3. That is the basic model type of the riser.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
OK, so then the next progression is that you can get DAS bushings from 3rivers, and insert them in ILF limbs, and run them on that riser.
You might have to carefully shorten the DAS bushings to get 'zactly the correct "fit" between ILF limb thickness and riser contact, so no "slop" exists.
Some folks do this and adjust with a fiber washer under the Das bushing "head", or pad pocket floor with a cork gasket, inner tube, etc.
I've done quite a bit of this, as well.....ILF limbs on these td-3 H20 and H24 risers.
DAS fittings fit the thumbscrew as they use the same thread pitch as the Hoyt/Sky thumbscrews. David knew what he was doing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks stevelong , you have opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities. I thought I might be looking for "hens teeth"

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
These limbs are out there if you are patient and keep going TTT all the time.
I assume your riser has limb bolts and thumbscrews both, yes?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes they do. I measured them today and compared them to ilf dimensions I found online. the das bushings should do the trick

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
You are in, then. Excellent.
Not sure what you will buy, none of my business.
Some of "the guys" I know are buying the lesser-$$ Sebastien Flute AXIOMs from Lancaster Archery for $79 per set and saying they are great limbs, esp. for the money.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts