Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout to get one of these any just checking to see if they have any issues? Couldnt find any negitive reviews about them @ all, and they seem pretty quick too! Thx

·
Registered
528 Posts
my buddy just bought one. He absolutely loves it. It shoots extremely flat and is very consistent. The only downfall is it has a little twang sound at the end of release. Something vibrating. We haven't been able to pinpoint it though yet. Other than that though it def a great bow!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most people complain about the looks of the Limbsaver bows but I don't think their that bad, I personally love the way they shoot. I have heard the vibration issue come up before, can't remember what the cause was off hand but if you do a search there are a couple threads on here

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna invest in their string stop....I like the looks personally. Thx guy's

Gotta get ready for the big storm down here!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far it's looking good! The bow i'm getting is a 09 or 10 model and should be smooth! Heard that hoyt made their cam 1/2 system though?

·
Vendor
4,706 Posts
They are solid as a rock. Probably the best engineered bow made. Taking every inch of it and utilizing it all as far as efficiency goes. What more can one say...they even come with top o' the line strings too. No need to change them when you buy one new.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is great news! I've gone through 5 bows in 3 months and just trying to find something I like.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i bought a DZ 32 the first year that thay came out.......i love the bow. i have taken many deer with it, and my 2 best archery bucks. i have absolutely no complaints what-so-ever. i have always preferred longer axle to axle bows in the past, but this bow has the steadiness of a longer bow at only 32". you won't regret buying a limbsaver. its quick and quiet. very little hand shock....Bill Hallmark

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well..........been shooting the bow for 1 week now and i think it's a nice bow. A few things that i dont like is that it's a little noisy,but i have a front mount STS coming for it that should do the trick.The other thing is thats its a little slower then what i'm used to. 274 fps pushing a 384gr Gold Tip. But I guess that due to the 50-60lb limbs. Its smooth as butter on the draw and is dead in hand upon release. It's only 59.99 for new 60-70lb limbs which is what I'll do after hunting season is over. All in all I shoot the bow real well and am pretty pleased with the bow!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi there, I shoot this same bow as well as sell them out of my shop. Bought it in 2008 when they came out. If it's starting to get a little noisey, check the cam timing. My did as well and that was the problem. Sometimes they will come from Limbsaver with the top cam hitting a little sooner than the bottom. This gives a little more speed, but more vibration.

As for the Proton, well I have one waiting for me to put together. I have shot it at Limbsaver both before and after the redesigning of it in 2010. Just a great bow IMO.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What do i look for in the timing? If it is out of timing how do i fix it?

I took the leach's and it got noiser,but i can't stand those things on strings.....Lemme know what you think?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The easiest way is to locate the string stops on the cams. Flat points / spots. This is done by having a hook or something that will allow you to draw the bow by holding onto the riser and pulling down or toward you. Make sure it's something that won't damage the string. As you pull or draw the bow, watch the cams rotate and stop. It's a little tricky, the bow will want to collapse back as you manuever the bow to watch the cams. your not going to pull the bow 100%, just hold on tight. Then once you determine which cam is hitting first, you can adjust the control cable in or out (string running from cam to cam). If the bottom cam is hitting first you tighten the cable, opposite for top. You want the top cam to hit just prior to the bottom when you are done. That way once it resettles it should be hitting right on. If you have any other questions or problems send me a PM and I'll have you call me.

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,063 Posts
I had this bow and it was a fine shooter. I liked the draw the most! It was fairly quiet. You will see some improvement with the STS. Your bow should have the "heat cam" thoses came from Hoyt and are great shooting cams.

Don't rush out to get those 70 limbs. You will gain a few fps but will loose some of that like butter feeling. It will still be smooth but ltitle more stiff. How much deeper do ya want the arrows in the dirt after pasing thu the deer? :tongue:I have owned many a bow and the DZ 32 was one of my favs. Shoot ya got me looking aeound for a new one...lol

Koz

·
Registered
312 Posts
My son has a Proton and loves it. I was watching him shoot at 50 yds. on Saturday and I was very impressed with the bow. Very quiet and super flat shooting. I believe Limbsavers are very underated.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"VERY" Under rated....Love mine,just wish it was quieter but should have that fixed today!

Want a Proton bad!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heavier string leaches and STS got this thing where i need to be!!!!!

Ripping flecthing @ 28yrds.....One of the leaches was real close to my cam and may have caused a little noise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts