Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone use these on their crossbow;and do they really help on noise and vibration? If they do work is Limbsaver the best to buy or are there others that can be bought that work as good.

·
snıuǝƃ ɹǝʇsɐ&#6
1,983 Posts
They do reduce noise and vibration.....but you are never going to make a xbow what I would call 'quiet'

My ears can tell a difference with and without silencing gear installed....but the bow is still far from silent.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trebor69, Do you use the Limbsaver brand? I have been told by others you will never get it quiet but ever bit helps. I have also been told save your money because they don't make a differents. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I use them on my exomax. They helped more than I thought they would. They made a good bit of difference in noise and vibration. I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Why bother??? It's like putting a muffler on a jet engine; or a suppressor on a 12ga shotgun. Spend your money on some extra practice arrows and do more shooting. You'll kill more deer for it than you will buying limb savers.

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Tried em on my Equinox, reduced arrow speed by at least 10 fps. Vibration cut a bit. Overall noise, not so much.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I tried them on my bow, I didn't think they reduced the noise, until I took them off, they do reduce the noise some. I put them back on. I just have the limb savers on the limbs. I haven't tried anything on the string.

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
Uncle Ted likes whoever pays him to use their stuff. That guys show is just a 30min advertisment
The whole Outdoor Channel is one big infomercial anymore. Want to see real hunting and none of the advertisers plugs? Go watch home made vids on Youtube. Much more entertaining. And by the time you cut out the 27 minutes of BS you only have 3 min of real action anyway.
I'm so sick of bleach-blond bimbos on every commercial pushing something I just have to have I could puke. In RealTree of course.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Bird, agreed 100%. I would imagin there are camo'd Bone Collector tooth brushes by now :)

I use Alpha Shox type silencers on crossbows, not to quieten them but to minimize limb vibrations, which could possibly minimize the chance of limb slivering in the long run.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Yep

I place mine about 2" (center) from the edge of the riser. I like they way they look:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Im with moon the benifits outside noise,might just make the difference over time.different crossbows can use different set ups.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If they do work is Limbsaver the best to buy or are there others that can be bought that work as good.
I personally like BowJax products on my crossbows. I have a set of Limbsavers on my Parker Cyclone but feel that BowJax offers better products. Their silencer kit includes a retention spring silencer which is where alot of noise comes from. Here is a kit on my Ten Point Stealth.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
boy jax work on the ten points as there made for them.limb savors work on the parkers.The new limb savors have the super adheasive for cross bows. so you have some choices what to use,and depending what crossbow you want to use them on

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Got a set of BowJax on my Excalibur as well. They make full kits for both split limb and solid limb bows. I usually leave the string leeches off though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've found the "savers", reduce noise. Don't think the deer will notice, maybe your neightabor might if that's the case. I shot my xbow at a target 60 yards out and before I could count to 2, I heard a thunk. The arrow almost went through a 8 inch dense fiber target. Bow 320FPS. From what I have learned from this forum.... I guess you could silence a recurve, to make it somewhat quiet. The limb savers did quiet my cam bow a little. I'm a first time xbower, and this is a good site for insight, most of the people are good people that want to help us new xbow hunters. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I personally like BowJax products on my crossbows. I have a set of Limbsavers on my Parker Cyclone but feel that BowJax offers better products. Their silencer kit includes a retention spring silencer which is where alot of noise comes from. Here is a kit on my Ten Point Stealth.
Good looking bow Gene! I just got one a month ago I went with the cheap version of the Barnett Wildcat C5 with the crank due to a stroke but If I use it alot I will give this one to daughter or son then I'll go with ten point.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts