Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Limbsaver Ultra Quad vs. BowJax limb dampeners. Which is better? Is there a big enough difference to you switch from one to the other?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i like limbsavers

put two sets on two bows recently and was very pleased with both. ive had bowjax on bows here and there and nothing comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
limbsaver has nothing for stabs, right?

That's the reason I have sims on bow, bowjax on stabs.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
Cool Videos. I really like the meat.

I've got limbsaver limb dampeners on one bow and they're comfy.

The limbsaver string leaches seem pretty effective. I don't know if they work better than a bowjax for silencing the string, but they do look a whole lot lighter, so you're not dumping as much energy into moving mass that isn't your arrow.

That 'shooting through the rest' video looks like a good way to not sell whisker biscuits. It's also interesting to see how much that arrow BENDS.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
limbsaver has nothing for stabs, right?

That's the reason I have sims on bow, bowjax on stabs.
they have a product that I think is called the stabilizer enhancer?

dont quote me on the name tho:embara:

its simply a limbsaver that screws into the end of your stab

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had a an 08' GTO and it was queit but had a "tank" sound at the shot. I tried to figure it out and finally relized the bowjax are junk!!!!! The hard plastic stud they snap onto that are stuck to the limbs do not allow good vibration transfer. I took them off and the bow sounded the same, added the Limbsaver quads and it was dead slient after that!! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
My limbsavers work great. They've been around forever. Plus once they started falling off they offered to send me replacement sticky tape for them at no cost.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Big fan of SVL products- Been using them since inception. My first experience with Bowjax was on my GT500- The bow was fairly quiet, and relatively shock/vibe free, but I figured it could be better- ditched the Jax for LS quads and the improvement was quite significant. Not only was there a difference in the volume of noise, there is a difference in the tone- from a "plock" to a "shnick" (like my scientific jargon?) Not to mention the bow felt much better at the shot of course.

If I ever get another bow with Jax preinstalled the first thing I will be doing is taking them off and replacing with SVL products.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Agreed.

I'm surprised that the answers seem to be unanimous so far (looks like the Bowjax staffers haven't found this thread yet), but I agree. I've read about the people that own Bowjax, and they seem like nice people. That said, the Sims products clearly work better in my experience. I guess it could depend on the bow in question, but on a McPherson Edge, and other split limb bows, either Limbsavers for split limbs, or Alphashox have clearly gotten rid of more noise and vibration for me. I will say that I have not used the Monster Jax, only the standard ones, but even the old original Limbsavers perform better than the regular Jax. Ultraquads should show even more of a difference.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
everyone has there opinions thats what makes this country wonderfull, We learn from others, I personally used to use simms a couple years back but one day saw BowJax products and tried them , they work great at reducing noise and vibration, they hold up well shot after shot and wont come flying out of the string an hit you in the eye:cry:
BowJax customer service is top notch you call them e-mail them they are there to answer questions and make your archery experience a pleasant one. I reccomend BowJax to anyone, I invite anyone in Indiana to stop by my shop Just Hunt in Wabash and I will put bowjax products on your bow of your choice and if your not happy I will take them off.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have used both in the past for customers' bows and the overwhelming majority are choosing Bowjax now. It's been my experience that they work very well and my customers are happy with the products. I agree with DK, if my customers don't like them, they can always switch them out...but they don't. Not taking anything away from SVL, as they make a nice product as well, but just seems to be the trend around here.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Its a mixed bag, as far as I'm concerned.

I like as much dampening products on my bow as I can fit.

As far as limb dampeners, I prefer Limbsaver's products. They work better, no question.

I also like to throw a set of the Bowjax RiserJax on as well though. They do make a noticable difference in felt shock and noise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts