Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Did you clean the spot with a dab of denatured alcohol before you stuck them on?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Same thing I was going to ask....I have them on three bows. I did have one fall off once, but not sure why. I stuck another on and never had another problem with any of them...make sure you clean the limb well before sticking another on there.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
i just ordered limb saver ultras for my OG (replacing the limb thingies) glue do you use to secure them?

also where do you put them. at least i know now to use alcohol to clean the limb

hijack over

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
My top one fell off this year when I started shooting again in July. It was int eh yard and I just put it back on to see if it would stay and so far it hasn't budged. I think the hook I hang it from knocked it loose.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Mine fell off at different times, and got the adhesive a bit dirty, which stopped them from adhering very well. I called Sims Vibration, and they sent me about 6 new pieces of double sided tape that's pre cut. I cleaned the old glue off of the limb savers, and cleaned the limbs with denatured alcohol, and they are stuck better than ever.

Ben

·
Registered
44 Posts
that is the bad thing about limb savers you have to clean them off really well before you stick them on or they will fall off, the adhesive tape that comes on them doesn't stick to bows all that well.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
crash_gsxr750 said:
i just ordered limb saver ultras for my OG (replacing the limb thingies) glue do you use to secure them?

also where do you put them. at least i know now to use alcohol to clean the limb

hijack over
They come with adhesive already on them. You don't need to use glue. As everyone else said,CLEAN the spot where you are going to put them.
I put mine about an inch away from the split on the end of the limbs. They are still there. Unfortunatly my set of allen wrenches walked off today while I was out shooting:mad:

·
Registered
17,864 Posts
Note that people are saying denatured and not rubbing. Rubbing alcohol has oils.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
91%

Sims recommends 91% isopropyl alcohol in their directions.

It's the same thing Easton recommends for cleaning the inside of their carbon shafts before gluing in the inserts.

Buy some at the pharmacy. It costs less than $2.00 for a 16 oz. bottle.

When all else fails, I get out the directions. :confused:

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
C-fused said:
Sims recommends 91% isopropyl alcohol in their directions.

It's the same thing Easton recommends for cleaning the inside of their carbon shafts before gluing in the inserts.

Buy some at the pharmacy. It costs less than $2.00 for a 16 oz. bottle.

When all else fails, I get out the directions. :confused:
They told me denatured alcohol on the phone :confused: .

Ben

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
beenfarr said:
They told me denatured alcohol on the phone :confused: .

Ben
Same difference.
I reiterate, read the directions first.
It's amazing what we don't know already, but some like to be taught by failure.
Some people learn better verbally (over the phone) than by reading (instructions) I guess. :confused:
I'm glad Sims helped you out. :thumbs_up

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
slamminmini said:
that is the bad thing about limb savers you have to clean them off really well before you stick them on or they will fall off, the adhesive tape that comes on them doesn't stick to bows all that well.

I have owned 4 different bows now since Limb Savers hit the market and I have NEVER cleaned the limbs with alcohol, nor have I even wiped the limbs off with water. Straight from the package to the limbs and I have NEVER had a single one fall off.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
3 times for me... I followed directions... and after about 1,000 shots or so, one always pops off.. Just had it do it again this weekend... Grrrr...

BT, OG... Camo.. Funny thing... I still have the factory silencers on the limbs AND on the string! Go figure!

I am almost ready to sand the area..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts