Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have shot both, which do you prefer for both limb silencers and string silencers. In your opinion which yields less noise at the shot.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've used both on my string to be honest I cant tell a difference. Right now I got limb savers. I think the bowjaxs looks better but just my O

·
Registered
12,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used both on my string to be honest I cant tell a difference. Right now I got limb savers. I think the bowjaxs looks better but just my O
We are pretty close in agreement. I think the Bowjax look better but I believe that he LS are just a tad bit more quiet.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
BowJax.

Not only do I feel they work better, but they look better and don't smell like rubber.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
Limbsavers, unless you're looking for pretty pretty's only. This aint the board to ask if you're serious, walk in a pro-shop that carries both if you don't already know and ask what works better. They'll tell you pretty quick (even though someone next will say "I'm a dealer and I say, blah blah blah". Do it in real life. Once you do it side-by-side enough, you know what works best every time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i would like to know as well as i am about to buy some quiet-down stuff for my bow. in general the limbsavers seem like they are more popular for the limbs and bowjax for the strings.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I couldnt decide either so I went with both. I have limbsavers on the limbs, and bowjax on the cable slide rode, and the string suppressor.

·
Registered
865 Posts
limbsavers all the way. you cant beat the navcom sound deadening material. had bows come with the jax on the limbs,removed them and put on ls. there was a ton of difference. ls made the bows so much quieter and vibe free. 2 bows i swithched to ls were the elite gto and z28. also switched my fiance's elite ice to ls. i also seen some coments on the scent the ls have. i highly doubt a deer will smell that. theyll smell you before the ls. when was the last time you heard someone say " the deer busted me b/c they smelled my ls". lol i mean cmon. seriously?!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Limbsavers smell like rubber. Vanes smell like plastic. Release smells like your hands. Wrist sling smells like Paracord. So what ???

·
Just Do It.....
30,186 Posts
limbsavers all the way. you cant beat the navcom sound deadening material. had bows come with the jax on the limbs,removed them and put on ls. there was a ton of difference. ls made the bows so much quieter and vibe free. 2 bows i swithched to ls were the elite gto and z28. also switched my fiance's elite ice to ls. i also seen some coments on the scent the ls have. i highly doubt a deer will smell that. theyll smell you before the ls. when was the last time you heard someone say " the deer busted me b/c they smelled my ls". lol i mean cmon. seriously?!
:teeth:

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
22,621 Posts
I went with the JAX

on my GT - I have limbsavers on the Z - the GOAT is much quieter, but it could be the bow too

I do believ ethe new new limbjax with he 6 arms can better absorb and deflect vibration - simply a physics thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts