Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not there yet
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some education. Why would I want to put limbsavers on my target recurve? I understand that they are described as being used for vibration-dampening and noise reduction, but how does that affect my shooting?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Excessive noise drives some people nuts. I switched from the Cavalier clicker, with which I set a couple PBs, to a Beiter style specifically because the Cavalier rattled too much. Limbsavers for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yeah

I actually like the clicker on my spig because it makes more of a "ping" sound than the click of a beiter. I just like it sounding different. Even if you're suppose to 'feel" the clicker.

In one way, yes, it really doesn't affect how the bow shoots. FPS doesn't change, nothing changed in terms of the bow and the arrow. Because the limbs start to rattle after the arrow has left the riser. however, as miles pointed out correctly, its a comfort factor. If you are more comfortable with a bow, you're more comfortable with a shot, and you'll shoot better.

I think Jim C. would probably say that those microvibs drive archers with bad wrists and elbows nuts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts