Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im considering doing a limbdriver on my new xforce, but Im concerned about how exactly to attach it to the top limbs? I've heard the split limb attachment isnt so good on the xforce. i was wondering how you guys with em on your xforces have been doing it?

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
IDK about an X force specifically but I have heard on split limb bows the limbdriver is quite loud
A complete false statement,I have set LD's up on many Hoyts,a few Truth 2's and 2 X Force. Never has there been any more noise than on a solid limb,which is very,very,little. The LD is the best,most reliable drop away made,give it a try you will not regret it.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
LD on split limbs

call up Prostrings and get a custom cord made that loops around the top right hand axle spacer.

· Banned
3,174 Posts
I had John with John's Customs put a limbdriver on my XForce, and it works perfect. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I am pretty sure he has told me that it's his favorite rest for the XForce bows. Send him a PM (Breathn), and he can surely answer any questions about the LD, and erase any doubts that you might have. Good luck, and it will work just fine.

· Team #9
9,714 Posts
mmmm I have one on my 07 X-Force 6 and one on my Money Maker LF
with out any problem at all.....many many many shots thru them..even
in -15 below Zero weather...is there somthing I should be looking for???
split limb adapter seems to work fine for me???on both bows...

bigbucks170

· Registered
554 Posts
Pics...

thanks for the info...

anybody have examples of how one is set up on their x force?
Bunch of pics on "Post your Crakerized bows and neat string colors".
My bows are on page 45 (x-forces with red and yellow and flo. grn. and flo orange strings and cables).
Pics of limbdrivers and stup f/ cable attachment...Great rest!

· Registered
43 Posts
I have an LD on my '06 X-Force with the split limb adapter. Absolutely no issues at all. My ears are probably not the best judge but it doesn't seem loud to me. I'll see if I can post a pict later, but I saw quite a few bows on the "Crackerized" thread with the same setup.

jeff

· Registered
554 Posts
No noise...

IDK about an X force specifically but I have heard on split limb bows the limbdriver is quite loud
Shoot...Limbdriver is a VERY quiet rest. Put a little fleece and rest implants on the launcher arm (I usually cut tips off where they change direction leaving just a "Y", no upward extensions) just as you'd do with any rest and there isn't a quieter rest on the market.
There isn't anything to make noise and as far as split limb vs. solid limb, there isn't a reason that they would be any different (both clamp solidly onto limb).
I'm VERY particular about my equipment and I can't find a significant drawback on this rest. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
7,523 Posts
Limbsavers ships there new LD's for solid limbs with a little rubber piece that attaches to the top of the limb and you just tie the string through the rubber whole which just keeps the string from sliding around. But I am looking at getting an Omen or X bow and need to get a split limb adapter from Vapor Trail.

· Registered
913 Posts
I will find out when I get the 3 LimbDrivers I bought off here this week, but I am thinking a person might be able to tie them in where the little limb "silencers" are near the limb tip either by just tying them to the things or by removing one and inserting the cable through the hole in the limb tips.

· Registered
175 Posts
Yoke

Well, I had a LD on my XF6 until this past weekend. Put the WB back on for hunting season. I looked around for one of the split limb adaptors, and couldn't find one for sale, I first tied the cord to my axle on the upper limb. Not so sure this is the best way to do this. I cracked one of my split limbs on my X. Maybe because it was only working off of one side. (I would not suggest doing it this way.

The next thing I tried worked well for me for the remainder of the 3D season:

Tie the cord of the LD to the yoke in your control cable. This way it works with both limbs and will not torque them.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.