Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting a set cut for mine, just interested to see if there's any other interest for destroyer fingers!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know yet as I haven't got a price. Hopefully mon or tues next week!

Just checking to see if there was any other interest so I could get a price on more than one set. As soon as I know price I'll let u know!

·
Registered
248 Posts
bump

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just letting you all know, my computer at home got a bad virus yesterday and hope to have it fixed by tonight. I will hopefully get my pricing back before the end of my day @ work so I can post, otherwise in the morning.

Would you that are interested want it raw material so you could paint to match press if you want? Also I was thinking of having the hole cut a little small to be reamed out to the sizes you want?

What r your thoughts!

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry it took so long. Finally got my computer back and had other dealings this morning.

Now for the sad part. Leon (owner of LCA and the linear press design) contacted me as some may have figured, and went thru the whole "I have 2 patents on the fingers ordeal" So I asked to see them and needless to say I have yet to recieve an emailed copy of them. I also asked about the possibility to obtain permission to liscense thru his patent. Needless to say that didn't go over either as he says "they only liscense to apple, and there is nothing wrong with there fingers and my design won't work.

So I guess I'll cut my own and we'll just see whether he's right or wrong.

Sorry guys, but I'll let u know!

·
Registered
559 Posts
How can they accuse you of copying there design and infringing a patent, and then say your design will not work. Does their design not work? If yours are different enough that theirs work and they claim yours will not I would guess you are not copying their design.
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How can they accuse you of copying there design and infringing a patent, and then say your design will not work. Does their design not work? If yours are different enough that theirs work and they claim yours will not I would guess you are not copying their design.
Just my 2 cents
I would have to agree. I've always been led to believe that only 1 thing has to change for it to be different.

I suppose it depends on if the patent is on the design or the whole press finger idea as a whole!

·
SAVELKSHOOTWOLVES
1,250 Posts
In basic..... the patent reads pressing a compound bow from the limb tips
using a worm gear device or something of that nature. The patent had a
link to it is posted somewhere on this sight. I'm sure a moderator or two will cruise through here and give reference to it when this thread is viewed by them.
I have read it quickly and do not remember finding measurements or real specifications. Pretty ambigious patent. But, it's his and he owns all legal rights to it.
Just my two cents!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts